German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Denali has a red, sometimes slightly bloody patch on one elbow. It's starting to scab and there's two bumps.
Vet said it's the beginning of a callous from laying on hard surfaces. Trouble is, she like laying on tile rather than on beds or couches.

He said I should apply some ointment to it and wanted to give me some kind of expensive yeast treatment stuff. I thought it was a little over board and didn't want to immediately jump to medication.

Is there any kind of home/natural remedy I can apply to the elbow? Some kind of ointment or lotion I can use to keep it from getting worse and help it heal?

Thanks!

Tahiry

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, also, does anyone know why there's some cream or yellow in her coat? It's down her back, ears and head.

·
Super Moderator
7,333 Posts
i'm not sure about a home remedy for the callous... gia, my 10yr old has them... tilden is 2yrs and does not (yet
). i have put (tea tree) oil on gia's elbows in the past just to soften them and keep them from bleeding -- but i believe that once they're there they're there to stay

the cream in her coat is not uncommon with wgsd -- it actually seems to be more common than not in the whites that i've seen in person. it can range from highlights to a completely cream dog.

check out this guy...

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! How did I just completely miss half of your post Camerafodder. Sorry!! lol
For some reason, I didn't even read the tea tree oil thing or look at the picture in there. Been a hectic day, thanks for the advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts