Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dog Dog breed Carnivore German shepherd dog Grass

UPDATE: Wednesday Sept 21st 2022 - Hi there, we are trying to reach all lovers of German Shepherds.. our family is fighting to save our beloved Zeus. We are out of options, we have filed so much legal paperwork that our house has become a law office. We are asking, begging, for 5 minutes of your time to call the City of Elk Grove to ask them to stay Zeus's execution until we are heard in court. The number is 916-478-2201 to the City Council - the lengths that animal control has gone to kill Zeus are so far outside was anyone would consider justice. We are begging for your help to help to call them and ask that they stay his execution that is scheduled for Friday Sept 23rd. Anyone that saw the actual facts, the timeline, the evidence would rule with us, we're just trying to get to that point. I promise you as someone that knows the case forward and backward that Animal Control made almost every mistake they could make and they are still pushing for Zeus's death.

Our sister went and spoke to the City Council, please take a minute to watch - Youtube: Faryal @ City Council Begging for Zeus's Life

Our family has been fighting for months to save Zeus, my sister (and our family's) 1-year-old beloved German Shepherd puppy, from being killed by the City of Elk Grove California. The City took Zeus by force after causing an abrasion on a man’s leg after he was provoked when the man hid behind Faryal’s car while coming home from the dog park. Zeus was trying to protect Faryal, our sister, from the man. Faryal, our sister, is a good person that went through an immense amount of trauma, Zeus is her companion, she describes him as her "soulmate".

After the City of Elk Grove Animal Control Process (that is supposed to deliver fair and equal justice) failed to see the incident for what it was, Zeus was taken. The process is unfair, and even though Faryal had all of the items completed that were required after the hearing (a hearing in which she didn't even get to speak), the officers showed up unannounced, lied to her about what was required and took Zeus from us. In the process of impounding Zeus, Zeus was scared to death and nipped one of the officers. He's not a man-eater, he just wanted to protect Faryal. He's around all of our family, strangers, children, all the time, including the dog park twice a day before they took him.

After the city admitted to breaking policy and admitting fault, they are still trying to execute him. Zeus is all our sister Faryal has, she’s unmarried and has no kids. He’s a sweet puppy that was only trying to protect his mom. He loves playing with children, going to the dog park and being social with people and animals.

Please help us raise awareness, we just need as many people to call the City of Elk Grove at 916-478-2201 to ask them to PLEASE stay his execution until our case is heard in court. We are filing a federal civil rights lawsuit today that we hope will become case-law and protect many animals that face the same unjust killing as our baby Zeus.

Our attorney, Christine of the Animal Law Office is a fantastic attorney who has been pulling all-nighters trying to save Zeus. She has dedicated her life to trying to save as many animals as she can. We don't know who or where to ask for help, so we are trying everywhere. We are panicking, hurt, sad, nervous and we can't sleep thinking they're going to kill a member of our Family on Friday. I have all of the legal documents, and we're posting more as they come. If anyone wants to see our lawsuits, the arguments, anything at all, I can provide it. We have nothing to hide, just trying to shine sunlight on this unfair process that treats Dogs like property and not living creatures.

You can see more info about Zeus at the website we setup.. Save Zeus (savezuzu.com)

I don't know if this is the right place for this post, but I hope the moderators will understand that we just want to save our puppy.

-The Kabir Family

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Would relocating Zeus to another town/county be an option? Have you contacted the Humane Society in your area? ( we had a sweet fella who was ordered out of a neighboring county because he was escaping to eat the neighbor's chickens. The Humane Society just made sure he would have a good home with no chickens, they can require no children or other conditions for a new home; at least he would be alive). Can your sister re-locate? There HAS to be some other option.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm so sorry your family is going through this. I have no advice, but I wonder why the guy was hiding behind your sister's car. Was he trying to possibly abduct her? Shame on the City for punishing the dog for the guys actions. He was protecting her from some creepier.

·
Registered
Fern GSD 5yrs, Chloe the Cat
982 Posts
Have you been utilizing social media? This is the final hour but you never know. Twitter reaches further in a shorter amount of time. Find handles for all city council members, the city animal shelter Zeus is at etc.

Have you contacted rescues? Some MIGHT be willing to publicize this.

Good luck, I've tried posting to various websites.

·
Registered
643 Posts
We wish! The city attorney would not allow Zeus to even go to a sanctuary where he would never interact with the public ever again. “He deserves to punishment” was the quote from her.
City Attorney should NOT have said that, sounds like your attorney could use that quote in an argument. Sounds like the city attorney just wants 'revenge', and does not want to do what is right.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I agree with Hopps. Blast this all over social media tag council members and rescues
I am so sorry you and Zeus are going through this

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I had called left a message at the number of the city counsel. So glad an article was put out contacting media and social media outlets are all great suggestions. Contacting a reputable German shepherd trainer in your area as well hopefully you get some recommended names would be helpful. So sorry your dog has to go through this. Prayers and all works out in your favor.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The quote from James Crosby, the former police lieutenant, was one of my first thoughts about the case: first, a lot of dogs that will probably never get in trouble could have reacted that way (and worst actually) in similar situations. Second, why euthanize when there are so many options to ensure safety going forward?
There are definitely factors here I do not compréhend. I'm not familia with US laws but I have followed quite a few "dangerous dog" procedures in my area (behavioral evaluation > containment and training measures > second evaluation, etc.) and the severity of the bite weighs a great deal in the process. I mean, I have know dogs who caused quite severe bites and haven't been euthanized. There's a whole process we have to follow before it can be considered. So for abrasion/"quick touchings" as the lieutenant put it, I am shocked that euthanasia is even considered at this point.

Anyway, I'm sorry I cannot help much, but I'm looking forward to learning more about that case and I really hope for the best.
A campaign on social media may help, just make as much "noise" as you can.

·
Registered
Fern GSD 5yrs, Chloe the Cat
982 Posts
Edit: All this is very strange. The post says the man was hiding behind the car. That is ABSOLUTELY not true. According to the news article etc it says the man was 10 feet away on the sidewalk. The dog ran over to the man and but him on the leg. When the man tried to run away the dog got him on the other leg. Elk Grove released body cam footage of the dog clearly charging at them. That dog is out of control. Lots of holes and contradictions in the story. Video linked below.
Save Zeus, he is adoptable. His owner is who he protects. He can be trained by a professional trainer. Zeus is a young dog and should be given a chance. I’m praying for Zeus and Falyar. Shame on the man that was nicked by Zeus. What a drama Queen he is.
woah that sounds incredibly unfair. The man was 10 feet away from their car. The GSD jumped out and went after him TWICE. calling someone a drama queen for not being ok with two bites?
The quote from James Crosby, the former police lieutenant, was one of my first thoughts about the case: first, a lot of dogs that will probably never get in trouble could have reacted that way (and worst actually) in similar situations. Second, why euthanize when there are so many options to ensure safety going forward?
There are definitely factors here I do not compréhend. I'm not familia with US laws but I have followed quite a few "dangerous dog" procedures in my area (behavioral evaluation > containment and training measures > second evaluation, etc.) and the severity of the bite weighs a great deal in the process. I mean, I have know dogs who caused quite severe bites and haven't been euthanized. There's a whole process we have to follow before it can be considered. So for abrasion/"quick touchings" as the lieutenant put it, I am shocked that euthanasia is even considered at this point.

Anyway, I'm sorry I cannot help much, but I'm looking forward to learning more about that case and I really hope for the best.
A campaign on social media may help, just make as much "noise" as you can.
they’re calling for euthanasia because she did not comply. This is the second bite. She has 0 control over the dog or any sign of remorse sadly. They said the woman needed a muzzle, 3 ft leash and sign up for obedience classes.Its weird because she wrote in the website that she went to the office. In the article she also says she had called instead of going in. Really strange.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.