German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying out the Lamb no grain formula. Any input would be appreciated.

I know they were bought out by P&G... not really happy about it but so far they say there will be no change. I guess we will see when they take over completely.

Trauma is still having some allergy issues. We are switching from EVO Red Meat.

Thanks.

·
Registered
484 Posts
BUMP

I realize this is an old thread but I am wondering about California Natural food also. I got a sample bag and Kato seems to love it. The ingredients look minimal and decent. Is this food recommended?

·
Banned
1,233 Posts
Trying out the Lamb no grain formula. Any input would be appreciated.

I know they were bought out by P&G... not really happy about it but so far they say there will be no change. I guess we will see when they take over completely.

Trauma is still having some allergy issues. We are switching from EVO Red Meat.

Thanks.
If you have success with it great. Two things I noticed, the calories are misleading. what is listed there is Gross Calories not ME Calories. Also, that food is very high in carbohydrates and dangerously low in protein and fat. The ash levels are nearly 50% the protein level.

You didn't mention what kind of allergies you think your dog has but they are probably not diet related. Of the easily found foods Pro Plan Sensitive skin looks like a much better food. Of the not so easily found foods Annamaet Option is superior.

I am sure this was expensive as well.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
We have great luck on grain free California Naturals. We buy the venison formula. Both dogs do very well on it, awesome poops, they love the kibble, great energy.

I hear they are coming out with a kangaroo meat formula!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts