German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And you can't beat 39 bucks, so I thought I'd stock a little up. At least it wasn't for shoes or purses. We need food and it'll go fast... TRUUUST ME!

:D

·
5,627 Posts
Very nice!

I stocked up last week too when TOTW was on sale at TSC. It was $12 cheaper than what I can get it for normally (TSC is about an hour from me). I just wish I had bought more when I drove away and remembered that I was now feeding 2 dogs.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
wish i could afford to buy in bulk!! though i buy the 4health brand and we do just fine so we're good. but WOW. i think my hubby would strangle me!!! lol

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, we definitely need to think ahead too. It's a lot of money now but luckily, at this point we were able to afford spending it and with four dogs in the house I need to go the route that is the cheapest way. Since it was on sale I got as many as I could carry and I just have to look out where the better brands are actually on sale.

I can't afford to spend over 50 Dollars on Orijen for four dogs. It'll make us bankrupt but I don't want to go with the cheapest crap either.

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm with you! I always buy in bulk (10 bags at a time) as I get a bulk discount. And you're right it still goes fast!
Hey, that is actually a good idea. Maybe Tractor Supply will give us a bulk discount if we always buy in bulk too. I left almost 500 Dollars with them because I also bought those orange reflective flat colors for all four of them.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
FYI in case you didnt already know, TSC does military discounts too. 10% off every item you buy. Better believe i pull out my military ID every time i'm in there!

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI in case you didnt already know, TSC does military discounts too. 10% off every item you buy. Better believe i pull out my military ID every time i'm in there!

OH NO! I did not know that! Shoot!!!! Next time I will pull it out and ask if they give a discount.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
OH NO! I did not know that! Shoot!!!! Next time I will pull it out and ask if they give a discount.

i had no idea either until the cashier asked me if i was military not too long ago and i said yes. So now every time i pull out my ID and show them lol. my husband was excited too because there are tools in there that he wants among other things.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Maybe you can call them and tell them you weren't aware of the discount- they might give you credit on your next purchase.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Great sale! I would have done the same thing.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Buying in bulk is always a good thing. :D

I know we save tons of money since when we buy our horse feed in bulk including our hay. :)

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
You can also google coupons, Tractor Supply ususally has one out. ALso if you have Petco, while they are higher you can work the system and come out cheaper:

1. Only buy when on sale
2. Buy in bulk (200 lb club gets you 10% off)
3. When you buy 10 bags you get one bag free (they send a coupon for it)

If you follow those 3 steps they come out alot cheaper than other places.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Don't forget the cross-border shopping :)
Right now the USD stinks compared to the CAD but it will drop soon... the Canucks like it at around $.80 because our economy suffers once the novelty of shopping in the States wears off... expect it to be artificially lowered in the near future :)

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Yeah, we definitely need to think ahead too. It's a lot of money now but luckily, at this point we were able to afford spending it and with four dogs in the house I need to go the route that is the cheapest way. Since it was on sale I got as many as I could carry and I just have to look out where the better brands are actually on sale.

I can't afford to spend over 50 Dollars on Orijen for four dogs. It'll make us bankrupt but I don't want to go with the cheapest crap either.

I found in taste tests with my 7 dogs, that they overwhelmingly preferred Taste of The Wild over Orijen, so I switched, why pay much more for something they really didn't prefer, and TOTW is very highly rated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts