German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was just a gorgeous day so I left the deck door wide open and let the dogs come in and out at their own free will. KC and Rayne were in and out, in and out, in and out alllllll day. Then they were in and out with different toys. I spent the day reminding them to bring the toys back in. Well the time came to shuffle and let the other dogs have their time in the fresh air and sun. As I went out with Tika and Kanuck I looked off the deck and saw Mr. B.A. (Blue Angel Cuz) laying in the furthest corner of my yard. He apparently took a header off the deep end of the deck (about a 14 foot drop to the ground) and then ROLLED by the big pine tree. So I trudged in the house and put on some real shoes and headed out the back door with Tika to retrieve Mr. B.A. Tika ran a successful rescue mission and brought Mr. B.A. back and Dr. Chimo made sure he was as he should be, still broken squeeker but everything else was as it should be. Tika had a massive speed burst outside and ran a couple laps around the house. By the way she was sucking wind I am thinking she is LONG overdue for some spring romping. :lol:

A bit later it was time for the interrogation. By process of elimination it was deduced that either KC or Rayne were guilty of taking an inside toy outside AND allowing the enemy leaves to take poor BA hostage. The trick was to determine WHO the guilty party was as I had witnessed BOTH of the girls with BA at various times. The key to working with the "sisters" is to be at least three steps ahead of them which I was:

1) I found the missing BA
2) I recovered the missing BA
3) knowledge is power and I *knew* one of them was guilty

Knowing that BOTH girls know BA's name, I sent them back out and went out with them. Chimo is laying on the futon with BA to ensure that he would not be treated so rudely again. By the time the girls hit the door I had pretty much determined WHO the culprit was but I had to make sure and give the culprit JUST enough incentive to prove their guilt. I walked outside with them and both girls were in hunt mode. Rayne was frantically looking for "something" but not having any luck as KC was intent on herding the spring flies, bees and wasps. :roll: Lo and behold I got their attention, "Girls," (both stop and look at me from the far corner of the deck) "Where's BA????????" KC shrugs it off and goes back to her bug herding duties. Rayne frantically dashes over to the corner where BA would have had to have fallen off to end up where he was recovered from and she jumped up with her paws on the railing and looked at the exact spot where BA had been found. I wish I had the camera as the look on her face was absolutely priceless. The look of panic, guilt, MORE panic and MORE guilt rushed over her face as if she was saying "WHATTTTTTT??? The enemy took him away. OHHHHH NOOOO What have I done????" What makes it even more funny is that I kept asking her "Where's BA?" and she kept repeating the same motions of running to the spot, paws on the railing and the look of panic, shock and confusion and then innocence. Rayne kept trying to not fall for the trick but she kept running over to the railing. She would immediately pull her feet back off as if it was a hot stove. But the fact that she did this no less that SIX times I am confident that I found the culprit. During all of this Rayne ducked in to check the house for BA at least three times and never slowed down enough to realize that Chimo was laying on the futon with the "MIA Mr. BA".

The fact that even after making Rayne prove herself as the culprit SIX times and I never once went back in for the camera- makes me the stupid one though.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Ha! What a great story! I do wish there were some pics
priceless!

·
Registered
243 Posts
That is too funny!! Good story!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
General Gala will be heading up the military tribunal investigating this serious breach of duty!

LOL too bad Rayne told on herself!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts