German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this craigslist posting:

GERMEN SHEPHERD

"i have a pure bred 5yr. old male shepard with papers. has location chip implanted, trained in german commands, shakes, barks when asked to speak, doesnt run away. most be a family dog. i will only give him to a family that has kids, that will play with him. i will not give him to anyone that lives in flint (bc of fear of dog fighting). he has a floppy ear, you have to clean his ears out once a week, vet said its just allergys. no big deal. im only getting rid of him bc we maybe moving to china. we are asking for a rehoming fee. plz. email or text only 18107283879 NO PHONE CALLS..."

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
A rehoming fee?

How much does it cost him for someone to adopt his dog?

·
Registered
31,768 Posts
A rehoming fee is a GOOD thing. NEVER, EVER, EVER give away an animal. it weeds out the people looking for free dogs for bait dogs and junk yard dogs.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Bait dogs.. More like animals to resell. People looking for a pet RIGHT NOW and usually without much thought - just see a free dog and say "heck, why not".
And then there are people just like anyone else who happen to fall for the free dog.

I never ask for a fee, with my fosters I say there is one and upon handing the animal over refuse to take it. It doesn't matter if you list the dog for free or $1000, it's up to you to do a home, reference, maybe even background checks and up to you to get the proper paperwork and trust that person before you hand the dog over. What money people have to spend on the dog itself to bring it home really doesn't equal the care it will get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts