German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am assuming this is normal. But does anybody else have there dog burp once or twice a day? Our girl has no manners at all. She always seems to walk over to us when were sitting on the couch look at us and let out a fairly large burp. I find it pretty funny actually.

My gf was taking her down the elevator the other day and there was another woman who got on. Everything was quiet until Ruby was sitting all pretty and let out a loud whistling fart! My gf played it off, and said excuse me for my dog's behavior she's a little un-lady like. LoL

Sorry mods if this is in the wrong forum.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
:D Yep! Panzer burps daily, oftentimes while he's watching us eat dinner. He doesn't get gas often, but when he does, he acts so surprised and turns around to check out what's happening.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I honestly don't think you can teach a dog manners. That level of training may be beyond their capability. Heck, most people don't even possess manners anymore.

Our GSD belches A LOT. She does the same thing...walks right up to us and lets one roll. I guess you can try to get your dog to eat more slowly. I'm sure someone on here will give you some good suggestions.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Woolf seems to plan his belching :rolleyes: Waits till he is in our face and lets it go.

FWIW: one of his previous trainers cautioned us about his belching. She said it shows he may be prone to bloating. I've never heard that before, maybe someone can confirm that....

·
Banned
73 Posts
My dog will burp after eating on occasion.
For some reason he farts when he walks down stairs, not always but often.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Stryder usually announces his burp...he will eat...then come into the living room, sit down and then start to whine... then " burrrrp " sometimes he will walk over and I pat him on the back and burp him so to speak...lol I am too close to that dog.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Clover use to do it to our guests! The GSD's don't, though Karlo burped the other day, first time I'd heard that out of him. I think it startled him too/we looked at each other like "what was that?"

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
LOL Molly doesn't burp very often but I have to admit when she does it cracks me up! The look on her face is priceless :grin:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Timber has some very loud burps. My husband and I think it's funny.
I was in an obedience class one time and the instructor had one person at a time doing commands while the others watched. Timber lets out one of his big burps and this gentleman standing nearby with his dog looks at me and turns his head away. Then I'm thinking......oh no, I hope he didn't think that was me! He happened to glance over at me again and I said, "that was my dog". He just looked at me and went back to watching the obedience. At this point, I'm thinking that this guy still thinks it was me and now I'm trying to blame the dog!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts