German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
WOW! That is amazing. What passion. Do you think they believe they have bitten the helper's arm off? In the first vid he flies over the jump and kicks out his hind legs just like a steeplechaser.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Very nice, you've got a lot to be proud of!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
These vids are amazing. It's easy to see why you are so proud of him.

@GatorDog, I'm a novice and love watching vids such as yours. I observed something in the second vid that starts at the 1:22 mark where Burn was in the down waiting for the helper to run. The helper seemed to be waiting for something so I kept rewinding to figure it out. It seemed to me that the helper waited until Burn was "completely gathered" (hind end still and quiet) and at that moment is when the helper ran and Burn took off like a rocket. It looked like that was the moment the helper was waiting for.

Did I see and interpret correctly because honestly, I got really excited that I noticed it.

Thanks for sharing your vids. You and Burn make a great team.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These vids are amazing. It's easy to see why you are so proud of him.

@GatorDog, I'm a novice and love watching vids such as yours. I observed something in the second vid that starts at the 1:22 mark where Burn was in the down waiting for the helper to run. The helper seemed to be waiting for something so I kept rewinding to figure it out. It seemed to me that the helper waited until Burn was "completely gathered" (hind end still and quiet) and at that moment is when the helper ran and Burn took off like a rocket. It looked like that was the moment the helper was waiting for.

Did I see and interpret correctly because honestly, I got really excited that I noticed it.

Thanks for sharing your vids. You and Burn make a great team.
Thank you! You are correct. In the down, Burn still had his hind end raised just slightly, in anticipation of running. The helper waited until he had fully settled into the position before rewarding him with the escape bite.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Thanks for verifying. I'm kind of doing a happy dance because there was an explanation in another thread about capping, well, where that was so fresh in my mind and then seeing your vid, it was a sweet "ah ha" moment.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Good looking dog

1 - 10 of 10 Posts