German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with them? Which one do you have/use? There seems to be so many options out there I can decide which one to buy. I have used them a few times and love them! I just don't know the level of the one I used. I don't know the weights of them, or the advantages/disadvantages of the lengths. The one I used before was a 15ft. Any who, lets talk bungee's people:)

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
yeah I have one. Sometimes I use it with a regular line to keep the slack regular line out of the way, sometimes I use it to teach a dog to bite and hold on or you will come off, sometimes I use it to teach a dog to strike harder

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What one do you have? I'm working a couple dogs right now that could benefit from one. They both target well but don't launch through the target, they launch at it. We have been doing drag in's for a while but nit really getting the desired result. Another one just doesn't launch right. We started putting objects in front of the target to get him to jump over and at it but its more of a pretty gazelle type jump to the bite and not a powerful launch. I'm thinking the bungee could clear up these issues fast. We used it at my old club for these same issues and it worked wonders. I just don't know which one it was.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
What one do you have? I'm working a couple dogs right now that could benefit from one. They both target well but don't launch through the target, they launch at it. We have been doing drag in's for a while but nit really getting the desired result. Another one just doesn't launch right. We started putting objects in front of the target to get him to jump over and at it but its more of a pretty gazelle type jump to the bite and not a powerful launch. I'm thinking the bungee could clear up these issues fast. We used it at my old club for these same issues and it worked wonders. I just don't know which one it was.
honestly don't know where mine came from... had it for years... with my male I got him striking extremely hard just always making sleeve presentations (or suit for that matter), fast, up, and back... make sure the dog isn't being fed the bite. make the dog work for that bite. my male wasn't a weak strike to begin with but in the pursuit of "harder, faster, stronger" got him striking hard enough from a B&H to knock people down or into the blind lol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have one for my EB.. It's really nice.. When we walk he freaks out over gold carts so he try's to intimidate them and pull but with the bungee it pulls him back to me.. Will be buying my gsd one when she gets bigger for sure. And the size depends on the weight of your dog.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
I have one for my EB.. It's really nice.. When we walk he freaks out over gold carts so he try's to intimidate them and pull but with the bungee it pulls him back to me.. Will be buying my gsd one when she gets bigger for sure. And the size depends on the weight of your dog.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I'd freak out over a gold cart too! This dog crap is too expensive... we need a gold cart to come along even if the price per oz is in decline

·
Registered
283 Posts
Bungee is great for working frustration, and commitment to the bite. Also good if you have inexperienced handlers that don't understand the concept of when tension on the bite is necessary. It also makes it easier if you have a dog you need to work by yourself, on a backtie.

Also good for dogs that are sensitive to handler corrections, as it provides some shock absorption. Good for young dogs, for the same reason.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tim. Yeah, I have been doing most of the foundation work on my puppy by myself so I have been hooking regular bungee cords to a long line just so he can get used to pressure on his harness. I'm not making him fight the bungee's just yet, they are just there so he doesn't bang on his harness and get shy about pulling against it(not that I think he cares haha).

I'm just trying to find a bungee line that would be a good all around one that I can use on many different dogs. They aren't cheap and I really don't want to have to buy multiples at the moment.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You can also make a homemade one by the use of a commercial truck inner tube with a leash looped through one side and secured to whatever you're tying off to and a long line looped through and attached to the dogs harness.

Just about every dog club I've ever been to has one of those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts