German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I"m less than current on techie-talk and I've just gotta ask: when someone places a post, and another person says "bump" -- what does that MEAN? I see it alot from folks in regards to dogs available for adoption...as in, "oh, he's beautiful! Bump!" , etc.
Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Haha I would like to know that myself.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
The bump keeps the post near the top of the page on the site, as if people were constantly commenting on it. It's so the post won't get lost at the end of the site.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Bump means you're bumping the post up to the top of the list of posts on the forum page by posting a new reply (usually without much content.)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bump (Internet), returning a thread to the top of the list of active threads (acceptable reasons range from wanting to remind others that the question with which the thread started is still unanswered to offering new information that relates to an old thread; a less agreeable practice—as unwelcome as spam—is to do it simply to raise the thread's profile); the term is related to the concept of "bumping (pushing) something up" though others suggest that it is an acronym for "Bring up my post" (however, "bump" applies to any post in a thread, not just one's own posts)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, now I get it! Thanks, everyone! (No need to "bump" this back up there...:) )

·
Registered
65 Posts
"BUMP!"

Yeah, kind'a late to the party, but it's good info for us noobs, so here's mine to keep it active.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts