German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Pup is young, right?

Maybe it got bit playing? I'd just keep an eye on it for a few days and if it starts growing or seems to be causing issue, I'd be off to the vet.

Though CLEARLY if you really want to ease your fears, a vet visit is the way to go... :0

Reactions: huntergreen

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes he’s 7 months I just got worried I caught him playing with some wood awhile back so idk if it could be related to that it just freaked me out hopefully nothing serious I’ll be taking him to the vet soon

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Calcium lumps can happen on the tongue. If the vet finds no other reason for the lump, ask about Calcinosis circumscripta. They don't occur often so your vet may know of it but never seen one. My guy has one on the boney process of his C5. His vet has only seen & dealt with 5 in his career. From memory of my own research, some resolve on their own.

I did try to find images to compare with yours before replying but didn't find any so this is just another thought/suggestion.

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
Shadow has a bump in almost exactly the same spot. But hers is lumpy, I call it her raspberry. She has had it since I got her and apparently it's a common thing, can't recall what it is but unless it changes it's not an issue.

I can't tell if yours is lumpy or smooth, but I do know that is a common spot for them to bite their own tongues so it could be just a small pressure bump.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
My concern would be if it changes in any way at all. size color anything at all.. As long as he/she is eating with no problems I would just keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My pup had one of those two months ago. The vet checked, but it disappeared on its own. He probably bit himself haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts