German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was never a fan of rawhide or the way pig ears splinter. Has anyone had any issues with bully sticks?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I haven't had any issues with them. My dogs love them. They were really good when they were puppies as they lasted a long time. THey don't last nearly as long now as they did then. I just ordered some Himalayan chews because Stosh has mentioned several times her dogs love them and they last a long time. I can't wait to try them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where is everyone ordering Bully Sticks from? At PetSmart they are like $5+ per stick... Online there are so many different options, i was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for the best deal online for quality/quantity/price.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I used to order from a retailer from Amazon but they stopped selling through them. Haven't found a good retailer yet. Hear people have luck with Ebay for the free range odor free.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Stosh that is where I just ordered from yesterday! That's what I meant to put in the link above but when I googled it I copied the wrong link.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
My dog loves bully sticks. Never had a problem with them. I have been buying them at Costco. I believe its about $20 for a package of them but I can't remember how many are in the package.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Anybody know what bully sticks actually are?? I had no idea so I googled it... And got quite a shock!!

·
Registered
32,033 Posts
Yes, mind over matter. It is muscle meat I guess. YOU can give them to YOUR dogs if you like. I find it just too .... yuck.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Canadian made bully sticks here in Canada at Petsmart, fifteen bucks with the taxes in.
I won't buy the Chinese poison rawhide.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Anybody know what bully sticks actually are?? I had no idea so I googled it... And got quite a shock!!

Mine say beef pizzle on the package.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well my pup loves them and as long as he doesn't mind neither do I lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you know if the Himalayan Chews give the dogs a very soft stool? Lucy can chew pigs ears, but no more than one a day because of a very soft stool.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I haven't seen that happen with the H Chews, since they're so hard it's not like they can swallow a large portion of it. It will take days and days for Stosh to gnaw off just the tip of one and he's a very aggressive chewer. He was having the soft stool problems with the pig's ears so he only gets one occasionally, the bully sticks haven't caused any problems either. I'm with you Dennq, I don't give any treats made in China- my vet has scared me with too many sad stories.

·
Registered
216 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts