German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Ugh, such a beautiful photo! I love it. I so desperately want to get into photography, but that's an expensive dive and dog sports cost enough as is, hahaha.

Reactions: clipke

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ugh, such a beautiful photo! I love it. I so desperately want to get into photography, but that's an expensive dive and dog sports cost enough as is, hahaha.
Lenses are more important than camera bodies! You can start with an older body relatively cheap. Maybe a $200-$300 investment, and some vintage lenses under $100! I recommend Canon Rebel camera bodies as a starter body! My first camera was around $700, the one this was shot on was $2000. There's a huge range in price, but gear is less important than knowing how to use what gear you do have access to! I highly recommend a website called KEH.com for used equipment, they also have financing options! Most of my stuff was leased as I didn't have the money to outright buy most of it! If you search "Canon Rebel" on that website, they have one for $150 on the 3rd page currently!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Even though I'm a Nikon guy, all the pics I take of Red (mostly during our walks), are taken with; yes you guessed it, my I-Phone X. One of the secrets that are not told to the folks that buy point a shoot cameras, is that the gap between the pictures quality that a cell phone produces, and the regular point & shoot photographic cameras; has narrowed significantly during the last 5 years, which is one of the reasons these cameras are not selling like before. Add to this, the ability that all of us have, to adjust the images instantly; and the need for an expensive body with the corresponding glass (lenses), is left to only the true Photo enthusiast. Its not my intent to discourage you from dibbling into the photography hobby, since it can be a very fulfilling one, specially when you capture that money shot; but if all you want is to have nice pics of your pup, a good cell phone is likely to suffice. :wink2:

Case and point: The pics below were taken with my cell phone, not with my High end Nikon DSL camera; and although they are not professional quality, I'm very happy with how they turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even though I'm a Nikon guy, all the pics I take of Red (mostly during our walks), are taken with; yes you guessed it, my I-Phone X. One of the secrets that are not told to the folks that buy point a shoot cameras, is that the gap between the pictures quality that a cell phone produces, and the regular point & shoot photographic cameras; has narrowed significantly during the last 5 years, which is one of the reasons these cameras are not selling like before. Add to this, the ability that all of us have, to adjust the images instantly; and the need for an expensive body with the corresponding glass (lenses), is left to only the true Photo enthusiast. Its not my intent to discourage you from dibbling into the photography hobby, since it can be a very fulfilling one, specially when you capture that money shot; but if all you want is to have nice pics of your pup, a good cell phone is likely to suffice. :wink2:

Case and point: The pics below were taken with my cell phone, not with my High end Nikon DSL camera; and although they are not professional quality, I'm very happy with how they turned out.
Great photos! I'm currently shooting on a Panasonic Lumix GH5. I abandoned Canon shortly after buying my 70D. I used to work as a school photographer and the company I worked for primarily used Nikons! I use the GH5 primarily for video, but with raw the image quality is comparable to Sony image quality imo. I love the shallow depth of field too much to use my phone haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts