German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

How would I add BOG to my dogs diet - just sprinkle it over the kibble? Or any other smart tricks would be appreciated just in case they don't like it.

Mike

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
I sprinkle it over the raw food, dogs eat it readily...you may have to soak the kibble a bit so the granules stick to the kibble. It also comes in pill form, I wish I'd ordered pills instead of the powder.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
I soak the kibble and add it routinely and he has not problem with it but he is not a picky eater. I make up "supplement packs" in little plastic cups with lids so that each day I have them ready to put on the food.....I make a whole weeks worth at once.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I just ordered it too and we're on day two of it. Wow - it really sinks! I think I'm going to stick to two scoops/day because any more than one scoop in a meal seems so overwhelming. I'd feel bad if that's all he tastes in his food.

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
I agree...I give one scoop and the dogs are eating it, but two would be overwhelming for sure. I sometimes skip it, when I give plain yogurt or eggs...the thought of garlic yogurt makes me gag. Not so bad when topping the raw meat with garlic.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Chama was the only dog who wouldn't eat it so she got the tablets. Otherwise I had to hide it in a big glob of canned food.

Rafi get two half scoops per day. He will eat anything.

Also, you're supposed to introduce it gradually and work up to the full dose.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I intend on ordering the tablets in the next week. The bugs out here are ridiculous and frontline clearly isn't working.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Does the Bug off Garlic really work? We will be giving Heartwork/flea/tick prevention starting June 1st, but we have a trailer and the misqitoes were really bad this last weekend and wouldn't leave poor Jake alone.
I haven't noticed that it made a difference with mosquitoes. I use it for ticks mainly and it definitely works to keep ticks off. I think it discourages fleas but if you have a lot of them the dog will still get bitten.

I find that NEEM protect spray works well to protect Rafi (and me, I spray it on myself too) from mosquitoes and biting flies. Ark Naturals Neem Protect Spray -- 8 fl oz - Vitacost

I don't use any pesticides on my dogs so it's all natural stuff.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
What is really funny is that if I put stuff in his bowl, Beau just goes along and eats it no matter what.......

Now I have thrown food at him, like, you know a piece of bacon, hot dog (long story there, I don't buy them), cheese, and he looks at it like it is alien spawn and bats it around like a cat before he decides that maybe he will eat it. It took him 30 minutes to decide to eat a strawberry.

My other dogs were more like vacuum cleaners.........but........the garlic does not phase him in his food.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts