German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time flies, Buffy is 3 years old and no longer has that cute puppy face but still adorable and pretty in our eyes, lol

She has taught me a lot and we are still learning for each other. The bond between us is getting stronger, just the way she looks at me is full of love,lol.

Her dogs reactive is well under control now and we have to work on loose leash walking. After getting some advice from @Apex1 , we made a break through! She is getting so much better and I praised her like mad and she took it all in and walked nicely by my side! We still need to practice more in different places but I am so proud of her.

For temporary basis, we both have to leave her home alone once a week for about 10 hours, she always behaves so well even we are not home, never crated, has full access to the whole house, except for the kitchen (don't want to chance it) never destroy a single thing and just content whenever we are home. I can't ask for anything more from her consider I am not a good handler!

In the last few days, it's so hot in England, and the problem isn't just the temperature rises, it literally jumps from 13C to 20+C, she can't adapt that quick and she is struggling a bit so we have to stay home for a few days, even for her birthday but we make it up to her with loads of brain games, paddling pool, ball pits.......

We wish she will always be healthy and happy for years to come!

Dog Tire Photograph Wheel Collar

Dog Toy Ball Carnivore Dog breed

Dog Carnivore Collar Pet supply Dog supply

Registered
Happy Brthday Buffy! looking super cute in you birthday hat 馃槉

Reactions: 3ymum

Registered
Awe happy Birthday Buffy! She didn't even grab the steak just licked it nicely! That is how Apex is. Zephyr would have devoured it in seconds.
She is so kind and gentle looking. Beautiful 馃槏.

From 3 to 5(Apex's current age) you will see even more great things from her. Keep putting in the work keep learning. It takes the time it takes. I see you and am like you. Hard on yourself and you keep trying. She is a lucky dog.

When your clear to the dog and it's easy (most days lol) it's very clear your doing it right. You get such cooperation and engagement. Took me so long to get here and still have learning to do.

I've learned so much from Apex like you have Buffy.

It's a beautiful thing when they walk next to you because they chose to because they want to.

Apex melts in the heat too. He really doesn't enjoy anything over 75 unless swimming is involved.

Happy Birthday Buffy 馃巶 馃コ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happy Brthday Buffy! looking super cute in you birthday hat 馃槉
Thank you. The hat literally stayed on for 5 seconds for photos, that's it, lol

From 3 to 5(Apex's current age) you will see even more great things from her.
Thank you! Even more great things from her? Can't wait,lol

And yes, all the cooperation and engagement with her makes all the hard works worthwhile.

Registered
Well from puppy to 3 Apex was a PIA. I really enjoy 5. Many here told me it was a great age and now I can agree. 馃檪
I like the maturity calmness and focus and he still loves to play. He isn't trying to eat me alive anymore so that is great 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well from puppy to 3 Apex was a PIA. I really enjoy 5. Many here told me it was a great age and now I can agree. 馃檪
I like the maturity calmness and focus and he still loves to play. He isn't trying to eat me alive anymore so that is great 馃ぃ
I agree with the maturity calmness is amazing! Also they learn more about us, our expectations from them, our training skills improve etc, make the relationship even better. I feel like me and Buffy were bonding over the last three years whilst I am learning to train and communicate with her, and it starts to pay off!

Hopefully Zephyr will learn from his big brother Apex!

Registered
Happy birthday Buffy!!

I always feel a bit of a fraud on here complaining about the heat when it gets 25C + 馃槅 But Juno just wanders round not really knowing what to do with herself until we can go to the river for a swim (and hope there aren't too many screaming kids in there!!)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Happy birthday Buffy!!

I always feel a bit of a fraud on here complaining about the heat when it gets 25C + 馃槅 But Juno just wanders round not really knowing what to do with herself until we can go to the river for a swim (and hope there aren't too many screaming kids in there!!)
Thank you. As soon as the 20C arrives, that's it, we have to stay home. She can't cope with the heat, and panting like mad, we don't want to risk it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts