German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I received a phone call from a man named Randy that has 2 gsd's that he needs to surrender. They are 1 male named prince age 6 - neutered and utd and 1 female named princess age 11 - spayed and utd. The SPCA wants to euthanize princess because of her age. Please let me know or contact Randy directly at 716-694-4658. Thanks so much."

"How much time do we have?"

"We are pretty much out of time. He is heartbroken and was crying on the phone with me."

"what's his story?"

"Landord no longer wants pets in apartments, can't afford to move, no one can take dogs. SPCA will put older one down because of age but he says she still plays ball and romps around with the younger one. If he just had the younger one he would use the SPCA because he is adoptable but doesn't want the older one euthanized just because of her age. Says they can be separated if they have to but they do play together a lot. He was crying and kept saying "I can't believe I'm never going to see them again". I wanted to cry too."

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Has this been sent to Brightstar?

The SPCA here is great...if your dog is deemed adoptable.

Can you pm me and let me know where this came from? I can get the ball rolling to try to get this dogs into rescue if I have more information...

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brightstar is full...I will pm you.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for your kind help...this is so heartwrenching........

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Mary Ann, sending you a pm. I will try to help if I can... one dog needs a place to go... everyone cant be so full that they cant squeeze in a senior??

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Ok, the pres of my rescue is advising that the landlord can't legally make this guy get rid of the dogs so the Bstar person (not sure who it is, it's an email convo with an address and no name) is following up on that with him.

Also, they are going to speak with the director of the SPCA and let them know two rescues are working on these dogs in case the dogs absolutely have to be turned in so that they will not euthanize the older dog.

I will keep updating.

·
Registered
9,438 Posts
Danni & Ruth - I just PM'd you Mary Ann's phone number. Her internet is down. Can you please call her if you need her as she won't be able to see the board or PM's? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Please keep us informed.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whew...I'm back...

I had asked about the legalities of this last night...and was told this man has a month to month lease...and that's how the landlord was able to do this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
does anyone have any other options for this man and his precious friends. i called him and he also started to break down with me also. i asked him if his dogs were good with kids and he said it's just been him and some family but no kids so he does not know. we really need to find something for him so his babies don't get seperated or end up in a shelter losing their right minds. please help him.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Originally Posted By: myamomWhew...I'm back...

I had asked about the legalities of this last night...and was told this man has a month to month lease...and that's how the landlord was able to do this?
Not sure about US Law but a month to month lease is just that. It is STILL a lease. The only difference is, is that either party can give notice at anytime (60 days) to vacate the property.

His original lease stands, if he was allowed animals then he should be allowed animals now.

No matter what happens though, his landlord has every right to give him proper notice to vacate. No reason needs to be given.

Perhaps he should look for another place to live. Is that possible for him?

·
Registered
44 Posts
he stated that he is not employed. i think he may have said he is on some type of unemployment or something. i also told him that his landlord can not just tellhim they have to leave if they were originally accepted. his landlord gave him a 3 day vacate but then told him to have rent ready for next month.
he is really feeling the jam though. i don't htink moving is feesable for him at this point.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The link I posted includes hints on how to find pet-friendly housing - by making a pitch to the landlord. I am wondering if he could get letters of reference from his vet and his immediate neighbours saying the dogs are not a problem, if that might help??

dd

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
How about temporary foster? This man obviously loves his dogs and maybe needs time to relocate.
One of our rescue people took a ladies GSD when she had personal/housing problems. She fostered the dog for many months until the lady got back on her feet and could come get her dog. 'The dog' actually sent her a mothers day bouquet for being so kind to her in time of need!!!!

Maybe some one out there could temp foster????????????

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Another thought - I have seen a dog-lover put an ad in the paper for shared accommodations in a house. Less expensive than a single apartment, although it means you have to get along with the room-mate.

dd

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
There are two rescue volunteers working on this for this man. They are going to be working with the landlord so that this man can keep the dogs.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bowwowmeow...thank you so much!! I pray there is a happy ending here...this poor man........

1 - 20 of 40 Posts