German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been many spam posts selling this "diet" as a cure all for cancer and all diseases. This Buddy's Custard is no more than cottage cheese and flax seed. Please read Sloan Kettering's page on this "protocol".

·
Registered
442 Posts
Definitely not a species-appropriate diet.

I wish people would stop promoting it.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely not a species-appropriate diet.

I wish people would stop promoting it.
It's not about species appropriate. It's not appropriate for ANY species.

They are populating old threads with their spam as a snake oil cure for cancer and all ailments. The mods will never be able to delete all the posts and they lost their ability to stop this type of spam before it hit the board in this last upgrade.

·
Registered
442 Posts
It's not about species appropriate. It's not appropriate for ANY species.

They are populating old threads with their spam as a snake oil cure for cancer and all ailments. The mods will never be able to delete all the posts and they lost their ability to stop this type of spam before it hit the board in this last upgrade.
I agree it's not appropriate for any species, especially for dogs.

My peeve is that some members are suggesting the protocol as the be-all solution.

I know it is difficult for the admin and mods to sift through all the posts, not a job that I would have the patience to carry out.

·
Registered
32,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My peeve is that some members are suggesting the protocol as the be-all solution.
These are NOT members. They are here for the sole purpose of placing this spam. At least two users had the same "story". Having lost more than one dog to cancer, and family members to cancer, this kind of snake oil cure all thing infuriates me.

·
Super Moderator
7,455 Posts
Unfortunately the new site software has eliminated the approval process so we could screen these types of spam.All we can do now is delete it as it's discovered.

·
Registered
442 Posts
These are NOT members. They are here for the sole purpose of placing this spam. At least two users had the same "story". Having lost more than one dog to cancer, and family members to cancer, this kind of snake oil cure all thing infuriates me.
I can understand your frustration, I've not lost a dog to cancer but my mother is a cancer survivor and my father lost the battle to cancer of the lymph nodes.

So like you, I too get angry when I see posts with claims that have no scientific and medical back up to support the claims.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I don't understand. Why don't they think of something more intelligent sounding then cottage cheese!?? I mean, if I was going to scam, at least I would make up a much more believable mix then cottage cheese and flax seed. That's really ridiculous!

·
Registered
751 Posts
The fact that there is no scientific evidence is the main deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I guess so! It reminds me of the scammers who try to get your social security number on the phone. I wonder how many fall for it?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
That old saying if it sounds to good to be true - it’s not. Yeah I never heard of it but the cure for cancer will not be a few bucks for cottage cheese and flax seed and killing cancer cells will not be as easy as eating a bowl of cottage cheese. There is a lot of claims out there. There will be always slime bags in the world that often often sell useless junk.

·
Registered
32,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, if anyone reads the link I posted, you'll see this started in the 1950s from a German biochemist. I doubt, at the time, that it was thought of as a snake oil fraud because of their limited knowledge.

But...in this day...people so know better and it's just preying on people who are grasping for hope.

·
Super Moderator
2,980 Posts
Just preying on people down on their luck.
Yeah.

Especially people in the saddest phase of "Well, we've tried everything else, the end is coming, it can't get any worse" with a dog they love.

Disgusting.... And to echo what Dogma & Jax said, we can't pre-screen new spammer posts anymore. This sort of rubbish used to be caught and deleted before it hit the forum.

·
Registered
751 Posts
And so they make those people pay tons of money to hope for something that really won't work. Then the dog dies anyway, and those people are betrayed. That's terrible. I feel bad for whoever has fallen for this scam.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Those scammers must have no conscience.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts