German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am a new member. I acquired a male GSD, Bud, the end of August 2019 at 4 months old. He was treated for ear mites prior to my adoption. At 4 months, he got his vaccines and was treated for ear infection. Shortly before he turned 1 year old, he started having swelling of his lips and muzzle. We have visited our vet every month since May, 2020... medication cleared things up, but it comes right back. Vet suggested we see veterinarian dermatologist. I have the option of driving east to Spokane or west to Seattle area, either way it's a 3-4 hour drive from where we live.

I consulted a holistic veterinarian (virtual appointment) who tested Bud for vaccinosis (I sent her fur and food samples), and test results showed too much distemper vaccine in his system. I read up on vaccinosis... interesting. Bud is finishing up a 7 week detox program.

In the meantime, he has developed hot spots and is miserable with scratching and chewing... arm pits, stomach, privates, base of tail and now his feet. Don't know if his issue is related to vaccinosis detox or allergies. I'm having difficulty getting through to second vet.

Can anyone recommend a veterinarian in North Central Washington (Okanogan or Chelan County) who is familiar with GSD and skin/allergy issues?

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I'm sure that the dermatologist would be well worth the drive.

I'm sorry I don't know any vets in that area. We've covered skin issues like this many times in the archives, but I'm not familiar with vaccinosis (and there's a debate in the vet community about whether it's real, which I have no opinion on one way or the other).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts