German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some days ago we had the chance to qualify for this year's BSP (Bundessiegerprüfung - basically National Trial Level) in September. I wasn't really sure what to expect because sometimes Beast pays attention, but sometimes she just doesn't. Or I get lost in the course, etc... So many things that can go wrong...>:)

I guess she saved it all for the weekend because she managed to get through without disqualification - and qualified for the BSP.

I'm really excited and can't wait for the big event in September. :smile2:

In case you're interested, these are our runs:

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Congratulations!

so the National Championship for Agility is also called the BSP?????

Glad to see the versatility of the breed being promoted!!!

Lee

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations!

so the National Championship for Agility is also called the BSP?????

Glad to see the versatility of the breed being promoted!!!

Lee

Yes, the BSP basically consists of the IPO part and the agility part - even though the IPO part is much more famous and more heavily frequented by spectators! :wink2:
But agility is also in the stadium - same place as the protection work. That's why it's not that easy to combine logistically because both things (protection work and agility) can't happen at the same time, obviously.:grin2: That's why it usually starts off with agility on Friday (quite early in the morning) and on Saturday and Sunday we have a run in-between two "protection blocks". We are basically the ones who guarantee a pause for the spectators that came to watch some protection work. :wink2: But quite a few of them usually stay and watch some agility runs - and are quite impressed with some of the dogs (even though they would never admit it^^)!
This way a lot of people who wouldn't even consider going to or watching an agility trial come in contact with it which is really nice because - as you pointed out - it demonstrates a GSD's versatility perfectly!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I know I am a little late but congratulations to you both! How did it go, anyway? Also excuse my ignorance but what venue hosts this? Haven’t heard of agility combined with IPO!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts