German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We brought Luke home Tuesday evening. It was difficult narrowing down which puppy we wanted, it was a big litter with ten males and two females. We've been enjoying the little guy. He's an absolute blast and he's everything we could have hoped for and more. We're very happy with him! I would have posted sooner but he's been occupying all of our time since we got him!

He's very focused on us which I love, he follows us around and responds to "come" very well. Granted, the breeder worked on this with the puppies and I say the command easily 30 plus times a day but it's a very nice start. He's a quick learner and my fiancé and I both think he's extremely smart but we might be biased!

Also, *knock on wood* but we haven't had any accidents in the house yet! We are crate training him and luckily my fiancé and I have very flexible schedules where we can walk him every 2-3 hours since we work from home.

Just in case any one was wondering, we went through a breeder in Connecticut named Von Grafenstein. The breeder Sue was fantastic, extremely knowledgeable and very friendly.

Anyway, onto the pictures!

Mom and puppies:

Making new friends:

A little tug, a nice strong grip and tug:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Congrats! He is absolutely adorable!!:wub:

·
Registered
754 Posts
What a precious little puppy! Thank you for sharing your pictures!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
He is a cutie...He's thinking as he looks at the cat..one day I'll be bigger then you:)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Awe he is adorable! And haha is that the 16 squeaker alligator ?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you guys, we appreciate all the kind words!

Yes, he's a European showline, the sire was imported from Germany. That's the 16 squeaker alligator, it's so cute when he drags it around the house, it's twice the size of him.

Well, I jinxed it, he had his first accident in the house last night. It was my fault though for losing track of time and not walking him soon enough.

I'm really proud of Luke. We went for a walk down to the end of the driveway this morning and he was a little startled by the yellow bag that the newspaper was in since the wind was blowing and making it move. I encouraged him to come over and check it out and he slowly circled around it and moved closer. When he was a few inches away he looked like he wanted to play with it so I told him "get it!". He started bitting and pulling at it so I encouraged him to carry it with him - that's something I'd like him to do for us anyway and I figured, why not take advantage of the opportunity and incorporate it early on. I told him to bring it home and he dragged it about half way up the driveway - maybe about 100 yards! I kept telling him "bring it home" and saying "good boy, good boy". I really wish I had a camera with me to capture the moment! :puppy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts