German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SITUATIONS REQUIRING IMMEDIATE ATTENTION - KY_CENTRAL

POSTED 12/1 ~

Click on people's faces in the photo to tag them.

Franklin County Shelter in Indiana has just found a German Shepherd and 11 puppies. This shelter is completely outside, no inside kennels at all. We desperately need a place to move her to even if it is temporary. Mom has milk and is feeding the pups. but they will freeze outside. We can arrange transport this afternoon if anyone has room.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Bump

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Big bump

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SITUATIONS REQUIRING IMMEDIATE ATTENTION - KY_CENTRAL
UPDATE/POSTED 12/1 ~ They have temporary shelter for 1-2 days in someone's house.

Rescue still needed. Didn't say how old pups are.

They are posted on KY Central (link above).

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Anyone have any information on this by any chance? I see they mentioned they could set up transport and I'd be willing to foster if there is a rescue that would step up for these babies.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
We would offer as we are at least in the same state but we just have no where to put her and that many puppies. We already have two bottle babies and a skin kid baby so there's just no way we can take on that many this time of yr when they have to be inside basically 24/7. Initially it wouldn't be a big problem if they are newborns but within a few weeks 11 mobile puppies.....you really have to be set up for something like that and we just aren't. The biggest litter we've had here (foster puppies) is three and from 6 - 8 wks it was just crazy keeping up with them. I can't imagine 11.

Hopefully anyone that takes them on will understand they *may* need supplemental feedings to help mom out...especially if she's in rough shape herself.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
i cant find them on the list?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i cant find them on the list?
You mean on KY Central?
KY Central isn't searchable, you need to scroll down until you get to the post. After a list of the most recent cruelty cases in KY on top comes the list of super urgent dogs incl weekly shelter euth lists. New entries are added in temporal order, updates are added to the original entry, no new entry is made.
Just checked, no update on mom and pups.

The way I read the post is that Animal Control/Franklin County pound has no indoor space, only outside kennels.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
You mean on KY Central?
KY Central isn't searchable, you need to scroll down until you get to the post. After a list of the most recent cruelty cases in KY on top comes the list of super urgent dogs incl weekly shelter euth lists. New entries are added in temporal order, updates are added to the original entry, no new entry is made.
Just checked, no update on mom and pups.

The way I read the post is that Animal Control/Franklin County pound has no indoor space, only outside kennels.
I can search it on our computer....most should have the feature.

Just active the CTRL button and the letter "F" at the same time and somewhere on the computer a little text box will open. On the KY site, for example, I type in german shepherd and it finds the first combo of the words german shepherd. Hit the enter button and it skips to the next one and so on. After it gets to the last one, it goes back to the first one. Just a friendly FYI for future searches ;)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
any rescues willing to take them on?? I would love to call them to get more details but there is no way we can take them on without the backing of a rescue we just do not have the finances for whatever issues mom may have along with 11 puppies.

·
Registered
394 Posts
big bump. Any news?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Sounds like the winter version of Stormy's story...... poor Momma, poor babies...... is there anyone to give this a happy ending? Bump for the homeless family........:(

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I am going to talk to my hubby...I have a big dining room we don't use...no promises...would neeed hellp in monetary ways as far as shots and what not goes...

·
Registered
585 Posts
we are 4 hours away from brookville...we have a large dining room that i can gate off so my two shepherds can't interact with her and the pups...large fenced in yard to potty in without my dogs...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts