German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ROCKY - ID#A877802

I am a neutered male, black and brown German Shepherd Dog mix.
The shelter staff think I am about 11 years old.
I have been at the shelter since Oct 02, 2010.

This information is less than 1 hour old.

For more information about this animal, call:
Animal Care and Control of New York City - Brooklyn at (212) 788-4000
Ask for information about animal ID number A877802

-----------
CACC requires rescue organizations to be approved before pulling.

New York Animal Care&Control ( AC&C )- the largest pet adoption organization in New York City. Dogs, cats, puppies, kittens and rabbits available for adoption in NYC, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island.

To my knowledge, CACC provides the following information on a dog:
All animals are seen by a vet at intake, and put up for adoption only if they have no signs of contagious or untreatable disease. They also do a basic 'temperament test' at intake, and only put up dogs for adoption that are rated 'no concern' or 'moderate'. How an animal handles during the vet exam is part of the behavior assessment. Cat and dog testing is possible at CACC.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If he is indeed rough coated: Teja v. Grafrath, S.-Z. Nr. 616, a rough coated blanket GSD, is pictured in Stephanitz 'Der Deutsche Schaeferhund in Wort und Bild', 2nd ed'n, 1905.

Thanks so much, Liz! I couldn't find a specific Laekenois rescue, is there one?
I contacted www.BSDRescue.com yesterday and they emailed me back, too. http://www.bsdrescue.com/Time is of the essence. If an organization that is already approved by CACC could pull him, that'd be safest. Fingers crossed.

http://www.bsdrescue.com/

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
That is the rescue, which I contacted also. Their rescue coordinator e-mailed me back this a.m. and said they were working on him.
You certainly don't see many of this breed end up in a shelter.
Fingers crossed for the cute older gent!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh wow he is cute, I must admit I have never seen one and also thought he was a mix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts