German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Dr. Ahna Brutlag, a diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology and assistant director of veterinary services for Pet Poison Helpline, there is a new “toxin of choice” for manufacturers of rodenticides (products that kill rats, mice and other rodents). That substance is bromethalin, and if your dog or cat ingests it, no test exists to detect its presence in your pet … nor is there an antidote.

Bromethalin: The New Rodenticide That Can Kill Your Pet
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,820 Posts
Thanks This is impotrtant to know.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,248 Posts
This is a really dangerous pesticide.....I had a very scary experience where some pups got into a very hard to get to place with some and LUCKILY found out about it quickly....from little green specks on the floor and a half eaten bar of the poison....made them vomit immediately - saw lots of green specks mixed with big gobs of a recent meal...overnight at the ER hospital with fluid therapy and charcoal treatments every couple of hours.....over $2K in vet bill but no fatalities. The Vet Poison Control Center was adamant that they had to be taken in and that this was extremely high risk for losing a dog/pup.

Lee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,297 Posts
WOW! Scary, thanks for the heads up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Thank you!! I'll be on the look out for dead rodents, and now I know how to make her throw up if I need to...
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top