German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel as if I shouldn't even own a goldfish. I shut the end of poor Zeke's tail in the door about an hour ago. You never heard such a scream in your life. He was holding it strange (well, duh. I shut it IN THE FREAKING DOOR), and I called the vet immediately. He was dropped off at the vet within 30 minutes of it happening. He's there now, they didn't have an opening but took him and the vet will fit him in when she can. He was holding and wagging what looked like normal to me when I brought out his leash to leave, but I want it x-rayed. I. Totally. Suck.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Poor Zeke, I hope nothing serious just badly bruised. Now mommy just give him lots of love when he comes back home because accidents happen!

·
Registered
316 Posts
A friend of mine has a big yellow lab named Buddy.
They caught Buddy's tail in a car door last summer.

No permanent damage and he was better in a few days
but from then on whenever anyone says the word "tail"
he freaks out. They have to spell it. Until he learns
to spell...

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
oh wow. Zena's tail got slammed in the door a couple times. I have no idea how it never broke. But i swear that dog has no feeling in her tail. Door slam, a what the.... look and then "oh.... uh can i have that back now". Never screamed. nothing. We just know she's bruised it pretty bad but as hard as she tends to wag her tail on things i'm really not surprised if she honestly couldnt feel it. Hope his tail is okay! I'm sure its just bruised.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guy is back home. Tail's not broken, just tender. He doesn't mind anyone touching it at all. They sent him home with Hyland's Bumps 'n Bruises herbal pills. Anyone have experience with those? Hyland's is the same company that makes the teething tablets I used to give my daughter...

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Glad that Zeke is back home and his tail isn't broken.

Accidents do happen...I'm sure he will be happy with a hug and an extra treat! :D

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i've not personally used them but hylands products seem to work nicely so couldnt hurt to give it a shot! glad he's okay.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Glad he's all in one piece! Dogs are very forgiving and I'm sure he's forgotten all about it already

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:rolleyes2: I'm sure he'll forgive me long before I forgive myself.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
When Sigurd was ~10 weeks old my s/o slammed his tail really hard in the door by accident. Poor puppy screamed like he was dying... it looked a bit funny, but we just watched it and after a week or so it seemed to go back to normal. We had the Vet look at it, no damage and his tail looks normal today.
Zeke should recover just fine :)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I feel the same way every time I step on a paw. :(

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ditto. He's always gotta be underfoot.
I accidently shocked Mia today after coming in from outside with my wool coat on. I just patted her on the head and "OUCH." She looked at me like, "What did you go and do that for." Ahh, the guilt.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My guy is back home. Tail's not broken, just tender. He doesn't mind anyone touching it at all. They sent him home with Hyland's Bumps 'n Bruises herbal pills. Anyone have experience with those? Hyland's is the same company that makes the teething tablets I used to give my daughter...
It's a homeopathic remedy, we sell Hyland's products at the store where I work. It contains Arnica, which helps prevent bruising. Homeopathic remedies are very safe, with no side effects. I think it's cool that a vet recommended it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts