German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! First-time puppy owner here with a bit of a problem...

While Freya (13-week old GSD) and I were playing a high-energy game of tug with her Kong toy, she gave a very strong yank on the toy and one of her long, curved puppy fangs broke about 2/3 of the way from the gums.

She hasn't showed any change in behavior or discomfort, but since it's a Sunday I can't get through to our usual vet.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
My pup broke his both puppy k9s during his play with the other dog (was hanging on the other dog's collar). There is nothing you need to do unless you see signs of infection or discomfort that will require a trip to your vet. The broken puppy teeth didn't affect the quality of adult teeth at all in our case.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Maybe you could post a picture, but so far I wouldn't be overly concerned.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My pup broke his both puppy k9s during his play with the other dog (was hanging on the other dog's collar). There is nothing you need to do unless you see signs of infection or discomfort that will require a trip to your vet. The broken puppy teeth didn't affect the quality of adult teeth at all in our case.
+1 - this happened to us just a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mine did the same canine split down the middle. It didn't seem to cause her pain or issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts