German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took Brody to the vet today because he was a little snotty in the nose. The vet said there's been a minor doggy "cold" going around in our area. I think he picked it up at the puppy play group he goes to or the the neighbors dog he plays with. He put him on some antibiotics to make sure it didn't spread to his lungs. But he is at a good weight...57lbs and will be 6 months in 2 weeks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Hate to say it but I think it's from our puppy play group, that time I was there Blitz had the same thing a few days later and that's why we were not there the next week, didn't want to pass it back around! I wasn't for sure that where she caught it but I think now we can pretty much assume so!

Hope Brody is feeling better soon!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was wondering if some little booger at the play group had it! I think we will take this Saturday off even though he's antibiotics. I wouldnt take Blitz either just in case!! :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
My Rumi-monster has a snotty nose too. She's been on antibiotics for 3 days & seems to be getting better. Vet thinks she picked it up @ puppy kindergarten. Hope your handsome Brody is feeling better soon.

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Get him on some vitamin C, it will help his immune system. Maybe spread the word to the other playgroup kids.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOVE the whale eyes....When jake looks at me that way I melt....:)

I know :) I tell him "don't give me those eyes, they tug at my heart!":wub:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get him on some vitamin C, it will help his immune system. Maybe spread the word to the other playgroup kids.
I was thinking about the Vit C...how much would you give him at 57lbs? I do give him 2 other supplements, fish oil every couple of days and Vitamin E daily but I'm not sure about the "C" amounts!

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
start at 500mg(human grade) daily and over a week up it to 500 each meal, then at the end of two weeks it will be 2000mg daily split between meals. Do not give EsterC to young pups, it contains calcium.
You don't have to give E if you don't give fish oil.
Dogs produce E naturally, the fish oil depletes the natural production(hence the reason for adding E when giving oils) Oil should be about 2000mg daily and 400iu of E.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you :) I'll def only give E when I give the salmon oil! I think I have some C upstairs acutally, but I'll double check that it's not EsterC!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts