Discussion Starter #1
For my future I am going to get the following
German shepherd (1st)
Border collie
Anatolian shepherd
Siberian husky
Alaskan malamute
Mutts

And will have a lot of these breeds. Rehabiltate rescue adopt transport and get some specific from breeders.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Sounds ambitious but why not.

There are breeds that I admire but only see myself with German Shepherds.

We had a Corgi in class & he was a super cool dog. I do seem to be drawn to herding breeds.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds ambitious but why not.

There are breeds that I admire but only see myself with German Shepherds.

We had a Corgi in class & he was a super cool dog. I do seem to be drawn to herding breeds.
Me to one with amazing train ability. My dad's friend has one and wow she is super smart. My Border collie friend lives up in Canada. She can carry shoes, do amazing tricks, loyal, and is super easy to train.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Irish Wolfhound, Border Terrier, Brussels Griffon. If I ever have property my first buy will be the Wolfhounds. Then when I am too old to handle a GSD I will get the little dogs.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
619 Posts
I would love a border collie and Newfoundland. I could never actually own a Newfoundland though, my husband would freak out over its size and I would prefer a dog with a longer lifespan.

·
Banned
31,833 Posts
There are other breeds?

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
My next will be a Border Terrier. I have met a few and know several GSD folks who swear by them. .. Then a GSD after that, then I will have to figure out when I am too old to keep doing GSDs.

·
Registered
907 Posts
GSD
Tamaskan
Siberian Husky
Labrador Retriever
Doberman Pinscher
Rottweiler
Shiba Inu
Jindo
Mudi

There are more I would own in a heartbeat, those I plan on owing are:

GSD
Labrador Retriever
Siberian Husky or Doberman Pinscher
Tamaskan.
Mudi (if I wanted a smaller dog)

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Irish Wolfhound, Border Terrier, Brussels Griffon. If I ever have property my first buy will be the Wolfhounds. Then when I am too old to handle a GSD I will get the little dogs.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Oh yeah I forgot to jot down Irish Wolfhounds. Love those dogs one of the oldest breeds on the planet!

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GSD
Tamaskan
Siberian Husky
Labrador Retriever
Doberman Pinscher
Rottweiler
Shiba Inu
Jindo
Mudi

There are more I would own in a heartbeat, those I plan on owing are:

GSD
Labrador Retriever
Siberian Husky or Doberman Pinscher
Tamaskan.
Mudi (if I wanted a smaller dog)
Never heard of a Tamaskan.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
A Tamaskan Dog. :D

And another GSD of course.
When I first saw your avatar months ago I had to pause bc I thought at first she looked a bit like a Tamaskan!

Love the look of the breed, don't know that I'd be up for the work involved. My sibe puts me through my paces well enough! lol

I've always thought Shiba Inus would cool. Otherwise I've had huskies, eskies, and a few creative mixes.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I considered getting a Swissie before, talked to a breeder but probably that won't be for a while. I thought I would get another GSD but after losing my girl so early I just can't do it right now. I may foster though and I'm sure eventually I will have another Shepherd of my own. My current plan is to get a Beauceron (crossing fingers, soon!) and then once he is grown I am hoping to add a powderpuff Chinese Crested to the household or possibly a different small breed. After that not sure, I have several breeds I'm interested in including the Swissie, Hovawart, Chodsky Pes, Podengo and Border Terrier. I also like some other small terriers and I've been told a Newfie would be a good match for me, although I'm not sure about how they'd do with our hot summers. I may consider a Doberman in the future.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts