German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I'm brand new here.I live in NC and looking for a good GSD breeder.Would like to get recommendations

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
Hello,I'm brand new here.I live in NC and looking for a good GSD breeder.Would like to get recommendations
Hello SymplyQ & Welcome!
There are many qualified people here to assist you! A little info will help!

*Which "TYPE" of German Shepherd are you looking for? Show Line? ... Working Line? (see these pages for "Types": (Types of German Shepherds, by Wildhaus Kennels ) German Shepherd Types )

*What activities or sports do you plan on doing with him/her.

*What type of lifestyle do you have that will include the dog?

*Tell a little about yourself/your family!

*What is your price range? (usual is $1,600 to $3,000)

*What state are you in and how far are you willing to travel (hours)?

*Are you willing to have a dog shipped?

Here are some good reading materials!
Things to look for in a 'Responsible' Breeder
(German Shepherd and Schutzhund Articles, by Wildhaus Kennels )

German Shepherd Guide

“As marvelous as German Shepherd Dogs are, they are not a breed that is appropriate for everyone. They have the innate energy levels of a natural working dog, and therefore require a dedicated dog owner to provide the requisite amounts of exercise and attention to keep them happy and healthy. They are not for the weak-willed, as their intelligence will soon have them ruling the household if proper human authority isn’t provided. Ideally they should have a “job” to do, as this is when they are most satisfied (dogs of our breeding have succeeded in obedience, schutzhund, agility, search & rescue, tracking, therapy work, and a multitude of other endeavors). Even a family pet must have formal obedience training to be a proper canine citizen.” (quote from a breeder’s site)

Best of luck!
Moms ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts