German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any other good breeders in the Southeast? Specifically, the ones who aren't so high in prices?

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Are there any other good breeders in the Southeast? Specifically, the ones who aren't so high in prices?
is under $1,200 ok?

Some really good breeders sell puppies from $900-1,200

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I honestly wouldn't pay under $800-900 for a puppy, the cheaper the puppy price the less quality it is.

I bought my GSD puppy from a BYB for $600. I would never do it again.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Some breeders have older puppies too and sometimes they drop prices on them because they have had them a little while longer.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Do you know what lines you are interested in? What do you want to do with your dog -- schutzhund, show, obedience, pet/companion? That info will help us to help you.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pet/Companion is what I'm looking for, but I may looking into official protection training. The limit I can pay is: $1,200. I want the best deal, pay the lowest price possible for the best, quality pup.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is anyone going to help me or does anyone know of breeder in this area who has that price range?

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
What do you mean official protection training? Like PPD?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
we all want the 'best deal, the lowest price to pay and the Perfect dog"..

You shouldn't have a problem finding a working line or pet companion for your budget.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Sue and Gabor are in Nashville (k9imports.com), they have awesome working line dogs and I've looked into several of their litters. I'm not sure on the prices, but honestly if you are serious about doing some sort of protection sport you do not want to cheap out!!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sue and Gabor are in Nashville (k9imports.com), they have awesome working line dogs and I've looked into several of their litters. I'm not sure on the prices, but honestly if you are serious about doing some sort of protection sport you do not want to cheap out!!
In that case, I'll just try and stick with what I have.

Um, is this what you guys call a backyard breeder?
www.nofearliveshere.com

Jackoda, I'm not getting the puppy yet. I'm just trying to find a breeder and reserve a puppy from a planned litter. So that way when I have moved and am ready, I won't have to wait or I won't have to worry about not getting a puppy because they're all reserved.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I'd say so. No titles or health testing that I can see. They only post pics of the puppies, not of parents. They're breeding on names BEHIND their dogs, but the dogs they actually own and breed have no credentials.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In our defense we ARE NOT back yard breeders! If you looked close enough on our website you would see the parents and also click on their pictures for their extroidinary pedigrees. You will also find reference after reference where people are very much satisfied with our babies. Unlike most breeders we DONT breed a dozen litters a year simpy because none of the puppies would get the attention and love they need. Unlike most breeders we do not charge a fortune for our puppies and although some of our puppies dont offer all the titles some breeders carry they do have EXCELLENT pedigrees to make extroidinary family protection and champion dogs! We have sold to police officers all over the United States and to Homeland Security!!! When you check someones website you need to pay closer attention and watch what you say to try to ruin their reputation just to gain someone elses business. Thats simply some but NOT all of my thoughts on the comments made. ~Available Pups - ~ Welcome To NoFearLivesHere.com!

·
Registered
316 Posts
In addition to K9 Imports (very respected and very nice to work with) I can recommend a few . . . the puppies from these breeders are probably going to start at $1500 but well worth it.

Sequoyah Shepherds (Sequoyah German Shepherds) - Sherle is a veterinarian, breeder and handler. They focus on SDA rather than Schutzhund. We have one of her dogs and she's been great. They tend to have reservations well in advance on their litters so if you're interested you should commit early.

Happy Valley Kennel (Happy Valley Kennel - German Shepherd. Country.) - Krista is a breeder and trainer and took one of her dogs (Berlin) to the WDA World Championships this past fall. We bought Ridley from her and could not be more pleased. He was 9 months old when we got him and his basic obedience was solid and his temperament is perfect for us. I'm not sure how many litters Krista has planned for this year but I think she only does a few per year.

All three breeders are very helpful and knowlegable about breeding and training and I would (will) purchase from any of them again in the future.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I too agree with Sue and Gabor at k9 import. They do have some awesome dogs...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts