German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a GSD with working bloodlines. Just overall good genetics, dont really care about the color other then I dont want all black. Not looking a breed just want a sound GSD for Schutzhund or agility (im not sure what I want to do yet).
What breeders would you all recommend? I have been looking but Im just worried about paying a lot of money and getting a dog that is not of the quality I paid for.
Thanks. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. :)

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
The breeder my pup came from has what you are looking for. A litter is due this month. Preference is given to working homes and many do agility and SchH with their dogs, along with SAR. Take a look at the website for more information. (Wildhaus Kennels, Working German Shepherd Breeder in Michigan)
I've been extremely please with my pup, I couldn't have asked for a better breeder to deal with!

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Hi Shelby. The two kennels mentioned I would recommend myself.

** Removed by Admin. Advertising of litters is not allowed on this board**

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Carm... maybe you can post a link to your website in your signature?

I know you got a very good recommendation from cliff and that goes a pretty long way here. People (myself included) definitely respect his opinion around here.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
it might help if the OP also gives us their general location , maybe referrals could be made within their vacinity

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
it might help if the OP also gives us their general location , maybe referrals could be made within their vacinity
I agree with this. Unless you're experienced at buying GSD pups, I think it's a lot better to do out to the location, meet the breeder and shake their hand, meet the dogs and watch them work, tour the facilities, etc. You don't have to go very far on this forum to find people who shipped dogs from people they'd never physically met but had good reputations and got a bad deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great Breeder in IL

I got a puppy from :: BILL KULLA DOG TRAINING :: about 3 months ago. The breeders are Bill Kulla and Jen Acevedo. My puppy is everything I wished for and more. They have a different litter that's about 5 weeks old right now. Their warranty is second to none and they really care about their breedings. You must be honest with them about what your goal is for the dog and what your experience is regarding getting there. I was specific and Bill picked a puppy for me that was better for my goals than I could have on my own. I'm totally pleased with my experience.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I live in lower michigan, but im not against taking a road trip to check some breeder out. :)

I just got my pup a month ago from Boeselager Kennels. Here is the webpage. www.boeselagerkennel.com/puppies.html She is also located in Michigan. I couldn't say enough great things about Kelly, she is very knowledgable about the breed and answered every one of my crazy emails without hesitation. She has been awesome to deal with. Charlie is from a workingline, 69% East German DDR and the rest West Working. He is an amazing puppy, I couldn't have asked for a better dog. Highly recommend her. I think she might have some pups still available.

Here is a pic of my Charlie.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts