German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the GSD Board. My husband and I have decided to take the leap and get a German Shepherd puppy. We both have had experience with adult German Shepherds, but have never had one from puppyhood so this is our first time trying to find a good breeder. We're looking for a good guard dog/companion dog, but will likely do some type of training more for fun/as a hobby.

I've narrowed breeders down the following - mainly because they are within a 3 hour drive of the Bay Area. Can anyone who has a dog from any of these breeders PM with any feedback - positive or negative - or if you have any other recommendation for a good breeder in Northern CA. Thanks in advance!

• Zwinger vom Roten Wald
  • Witmer-Tyson
  • Sentinal Harts
  • True Haus
  • vom Valkyre

·
Registered
57 Posts
AW man! Shoot, I got all EXCITED when I saw Northern California, I'm in Northern California, but you are 5 hours south of me, dang.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha - sorry! Bay Area people always forget that's there's an awful lot of California north of us when we say we're in "Northern California." We should probably say "Lower Northern California". ; )

But if you're looking for a breeder too, True Haus is actually in Oroville which is pretty far north. They might not be too far from you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts