German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to this forum. Been lurking for a while and reading the posts on Washington/PNW breeders but I still need some help.

I've been searching for breeders in the PNW area but been overwhelmed by all the breeders and trying to investigate whether or not they're reputable. I would like a long coat GSD but I understand that that could be hard to find and not really the first thing you should be looking for in a GSD (temperament, hips, health, etc) But I was still wondering if anyone has recommendations for LC GSDs in the PNW area?

I do have one breeder in mind if all else fails (Vom HausReid)

Thanks!

P.S. Feel free to PM me your opinions on the breeders too :grin2:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a HausReid boy from Jen’s H-Litter back in Nov. 2016 (so he’s not quite 2). He is a long coat, though I know she wasn’t too thrilled that the litter threw some coated dogs, haha. I absolutely adore him, he’s exactly what I had asked for. Super stable, go-anywhere, solid nerve, enough drive to get my feet wet in IPO, herding, and whatever else I want to try.

He’s a WGSL x WL cross, out of Bruno von den Maibuchen (IPO 3, FH 2) and Anka vom Kirschhof (IPO I, AD)

I believe she recently retired Anka, though possibly Bruno too. Her website gets minimal attention at best.

I’m personally not fond of too many Breeders in the PNW, so expanding your search (if possible) might yield breeders better suited to you. And speaking of, what is it you’re looking to do with the dog?

I’ve attaches a couple pictures of Sawyer, my GSD from the Reids. (in that second photo, he’s he oranger one on the right )

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a HausReid boy from Jen’s H-Litter back in Nov. 2016 (so he’s not quite 2). He is a long coat, though I know she wasn’t too thrilled that the litter threw some coated dogs, haha. I absolutely adore him, he’s exactly what I had asked for. Super stable, go-anywhere, solid nerve, enough drive to get my feet wet in IPO, herding, and whatever else I want to try.

He’s a WGSL x WL cross, out of Bruno von den Maibuchen (IPO 3, FH 2) and Anka vom Kirschhof (IPO I, AD)

I believe she recently retired Anka, though possibly Bruno too. Her website gets minimal attention at best.

I’m personally not fond of too many Breeders in the PNW, so expanding your search (if possible) might yield breeders better suited to you. And speaking of, what is it you’re looking to do with the dog?

I’ve attaches a couple pictures of Sawyer, my GSD from the Reids. (in that second photo, he’s he oranger one on the right )
I love your dog! (love all your photos of Sawyer) :smile2: I've had small dogs before but never a big dog. I'm looking for a companion with the occasional hiking in Seattle. I would like a dog that will be able to play with other dogs since I would be bringing him to work everyday. I also would like to him enroll in obedience classes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have talked to and visited a number of pnw breeders over the last few months.

For a WGSL, Hodenhof in Canby really impressed me. Holly was very straight forward, easy to get a in contact with and quick to respond, and super friendly and welcoming in person when we visited.

She had nothing to hide, her facilities were in immaculate condition, and the dogs were extremely well-mannered and obviously well-cared for. She did have some long haired pups, as well. I'm not sure if she has any litters planned right now, here's her website Hodenhof German Shepherds - Canby OR

When it was all said and done, we ended up adopting again, because the right dog happened to come along, but if I were to buy a WGSL puppy in the future, especially for a family pet, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from her.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have talked to and visited a number of pnw breeders over the last few months.

For a WGSL, Hodenhof in Canby really impressed me. Holly was very straight forward, easy to get a in contact with and quick to respond, and super friendly and welcoming in person when we visited.

She had nothing to hide, her facilities were in immaculate condition, and the dogs were extremely well-mannered and obviously well-cared for. She did have some long haired pups, as well. I'm not sure if she has any litters planned right now, here's her website Hodenhof German Shepherds - Canby OR

When it was all said and done, we ended up adopting again, because the right dog happened to come along, but if I were to buy a WGSL puppy in the future, especially for a family pet, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from her.
Thank you! I will check her out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts