German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bringing my wife and young son to meet our new potential GSD later today. He is out of Taylor Made Working dogs in Ramona, CA. I have spoken at length with the breeder Kris Taylor, from all indications he is a great ambassador to the breed and truly cares for his dogs. He has been super patient with my wife and I, answering all questions we have had. Apparently the GSD were interested has an accomplished father and brother (names listed below). I have done some fairly extensive research but was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Mr. Taylor or would care to give me an opinion on this puppies father and brother. This will be my first GSD and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

V Gordon vom Fuchsgraben (father)

V-14 '11 (USCA) Gordon vom Fuchsgraben

V Zastin Eqidius (brother)

V Zastin Eqidius

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
someone else here has a dog from Taylor Made, and their name escapes now:(

They seem very happy with their dog. I know nothing of the breeder other than what this member has spoken about their dog..

Maybe do a search here for the kennel name and it might pop up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jakoda, I did see that his name was mentioned here once or twice. From what I have read on this forum so far it's clear that its filled with knowledgable people. Here is his website, anyone else have an opinion on his dogs?

Taylor Made Working Dogs

·
Registered
110 Posts
The site looks OK to me...no pro with GSD sites but with husky and Malamute sites I know I would wanna see a pedigree link, OFA or equivalent hip ratings, Individual profile pages for EVERY dog not just one and want a good lengthy description of the pros of the dog and cons. Temperament, Drives, Trainability, Accomplishments, progeny if any, DM cleared?etc...i didn't see any of that. exception being the one dog... He does seem knowledgable as a trainer. I would get more info on him and the parents of the litter you are interested in. Ask general questions about him and his breeding program. Ask why he paired this male and female together...what was he looking for in the pups produced? Do a search on here and see if anything comes up. Ask for references as well...I see he doesn't volunteer any on his site. Ask to visit if your within a reasonable distance. See if he will give you a demonstration with his dogs. I am getting a GSD male pup in about 5 weeks and I know the search for the right breeder was a lengthy one. Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I looked at their website , beautiful dogs.

It looks like he has two males out of Czena/Zastin born Feb 2013, making them 4 mths old..

I don't think Czena could have had a litter 4 mths previous to that making one 8 mths old?? I could be absolutely wrong tho..

Also has a litter by Epic/Hexe that are around 4mths old as well..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could be mistaken about the age of the puppy, he may be 10 months old. Or I can be mistaken about his mother. LOL
He's definitely a Gordon son and that's what is most important to me. I'm about to head down there now, wish me luck!! Again thanks for all the feedback.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I wouldn't mind having a dog out of Gordon myself, now that I look over his pedigree haha. He is a great looking dog! Ever since I started looking into GSDs last year and researching I have been partial to the Czech dogs and the z PS dogs especially. Good luck today!! Let us know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Good luck! Let us know how things turn out!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well we just got back from Kris Taylors Ramona CA training ground. We saw our pup Zatakus and his father Gordon as well as his brother Zastin. I originally thought that Czena was his mother but I was mistaken. I was blown away by the pups temperment as well as his looks. He instantly bonded with my wife and most importantly, my 9 month old son. He wouldn't leave his side and was very gentle around him. Needless to say I gave Kris a deposit and he will begin house training him for us this week. Kris plans on dropping him off to us in Newport Beach in a month or so, at that point Zatakus will be 8.5 months old. To answer your question Capone, I don't plan on competing Zatakus. I'm originally from New York and have absolutely zero experience with big dogs. I just wanted a gsd from an amazing bloodline, from a responsible breeder/trainer for my family. He will be my sons dog and serve as a family pet and protection dog. I plan on utilizing Kris Taylor for training. I did tons of research and I'm confident that I got the perfect dog for my family. I look forward to getting to know everyone on this forum and thanks again for the feedback.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Correction: the puppy I bought's name is Gatakus. I misspelled his name in the previous post. It's late and I'm tired, it was a long drive. Lol

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
congrats !! You have to take pics when you get him:))

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Well we just got back from Kris Taylors Ramona CA training ground. We saw our pup Zatakus and his father Gordon as well as his brother Zastin. I originally thought that Czena was his mother but I was mistaken. I was blown away by the pups temperment as well as his looks. He instantly bonded with my wife and most importantly, my 9 month old son. He wouldn't leave his side and was very gentle around him. Needless to say I gave Kris a deposit and he will begin house training him for us this week. Kris plans on dropping him off to us in Newport Beach in a month or so, at that point Zatakus will be 8.5 months old. To answer your question Capone, I don't plan on competing Zatakus. I'm originally from New York and have absolutely zero experience with big dogs. I just wanted a gsd from an amazing bloodline, from a responsible breeder/trainer for my family. He will be my sons dog and serve as a family pet and protection dog. I plan on utilizing Kris Taylor for training. I did tons of research and I'm confident that I got the perfect dog for my family. I look forward to getting to know everyone on this forum and thanks again for the feedback.
Nice! Enjoy him.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bravo did some training at taylor made working dogs, but WAS NOT purchased at taylor made by his previous owner. We do not really know the "full story" on what happened but Bravo was put on craigslist and pretty much given to us because of some failure in Bravos training. He is a unstable dog that is very aggressive toward anyone that comes to visit us at our house. We have a trainer and are trying to work on his issues. I am in no way saying ANYTHING BAD about taylor made working dogs, just sharing my experience of receiving a dog that has trained there some.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We spent the day with Gordon and our boy (his son) Gatakus. We spend the weekends with him while Kris works on house training him. Gordon is an amazing animal, and our son and Gatakus are already best buds. I did hours and hours of research and feel confident in my choice of breeder. Madre, I'm sorry you have had issues with Bravo.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts