German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Been lurking for some time now but finally posting as I've started to get a little overwhelmed :) My family is beginning the process of looking into getting a german shepherd puppy. We've had dogs in the past (currently we have a very high energy 2.5 yr old golden retriever and 1 cat) but it would be our very first time having a GSD so are hoping to find an experienced breeder near Washington state to help us find the right fit (we live north of Seattle).

We're looking for a companion dog mainly, but will be doing a lot of obedience, agility training and, living on an island, there's a lot of beaches/nature walks. Any suggestions for breeders in the PNW that might be a good fit? I tried searching the forums, but a lot of threads seem to be older or not really what we're looking for. Honestly, the most important thing for us is health and temperament.

We've reached out to a few breeders and are visiting one tomorrow, but just thought I'd try to get some input from more knowledgeable folks than me!

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jean Schrader at Schraderhaus is in Roy and has a very good reputation. I know her personally and find her honest and knowledgeable. She will take into consideration your experience, activity level, household dynamics and list of preferences and help fit you with a dog that will suit you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Subscribing, I am in the PNW and am looking for reputable breeders for our next 4 legged family member.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts