German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. Does anyone know of a breeder that will have pups available in the Jan/Feb timeframe? We had a deposit on a male pup here, but the female never got pregnant.

thanks

·
Registered
396 Posts
Knight, I'm a bit geographically challenged ... can you define "mid Atlantic area"? ;) Is that from, say, VA to NJ? Not sure if down here in NC is considered mid atlantic or not.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Knight, I'm a bit geographically challenged ... can you define "mid Atlantic area"? ;) Is that from, say, VA to NJ? Not sure if down here in NC is considered mid atlantic or not.
Mid-Atlantic is normally MD, DE, VA and PA. Anything south of VA is generally called the South :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump, any update on this? Hoping to find a pup for $2k or less. We are hoping to put a deposit down now and pick the dog up in April (dog born around Feb). Anyone know of any litters in that time range?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
. Does anyone know of a breeder that will have pups available in the Jan/Feb timeframe? We had a deposit on a male pup here, but the female never got pregnant.

thanks
What KIND of GSD were you looking for? Czech? West German? East German? AKC? Showlines? Working lines? WHat's your background/experience with dogs/GSD's. Where will you train and what venue? Kids? Cats?

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/choosing-breeder/137533-things-look-responsible-breeder.html

Make sure you find a good responsible breeder (or go to a rescue) so you get the best experience put into the dog you choose:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Anything below the Mason Dixon line (Maryland) is considered the South. And besides, Virginia is a southern state and fought for the South the War of Yankee Aggression! Robert E Lee would roll over in his grave if you included Virginia as anything other than the South! Have mercy ...

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I live just right down the way from the Stonewall Jackson shrine x.x

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Anything below the Mason Dixon line (Maryland) is considered the South. And besides, Virginia is a southern state and fought for the South the War of Yankee Aggression! Robert E Lee would roll over in his grave if you included Virginia as anything other than the South! Have mercy ...
LOL sorry, but I don't consider VA to be "the south"...I consider it to be "Mid-Atlantic" like Maryland. Maryland isn't considered "The North East" it's considered "Mid-Atlantic". Where do you think "Delmarva" came from? Delaware, Maryland, Virginia. :cool::p

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
LOL sorry, but I don't consider VA to be "the south"...I consider it to be "Mid-Atlantic" like Maryland. Maryland isn't considered "The North East" it's considered "Mid-Atlantic". Where do you think "Delmarva" came from? Delaware, Maryland, Virginia. :cool::p
Whether you do or not, Virginia succeeded from the Union and has always been below the Mason-Dixon line. Therefore, they are considered a Southern State.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts