German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
How awful. :( Sounds like this is not the first time this breeder has had a run-in with the law. If she is truly criminally negligent in caring for her animals, I hope they can keep her from owning/breeding anymore for a long time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never did think that the dogs or puppies looked that healthy on the website... There are pictures of some of their dogs that were taken by Eurosport K9 prior to being imported to the USA...I would really hate to see those same dogs now. I think that there will be many other issues with this breeder that will come out in the future, and it really is too bad...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Wow....

Titon came from there. I'll hold my opinion.

-E

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just look at their males. Draegone and Cuchulainn look very skinny. I want to see a picture of Tank. hopefully they sent him back to Eurosport to get his titles and never came back.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Wow....

Titon came from there. I'll hold my opinion.

-E

Did you visit the kennel prior to purchase? What kind of correspondence did you have prior to purchase? YOur impressions of the owner?

Just curious....It seems we see so many of these dogs in horrible conditions at breeders and I'm wondering if the puppies were bought to "get them out of there" "I felt sorry for them" Etc.

I am not saying anything against you at all...I'm just trying to understand why we keep seeing this so much and why it takes so long for anything to be done.

I have a horrible back yard breeder story myself just posted on this forum that is why this caught my eye.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I never did think that the dogs or puppies looked that healthy on the website... There are pictures of some of their dogs that were taken by Eurosport K9 prior to being imported to the USA...I would really hate to see those same dogs now. I think that there will be many other issues with this breeder that will come out in the future, and it really is too bad...
They don't look good. This isn't the first time dogs imported from Eurosport have ended up in bad situations either. Not saying they deliberately sell to jerks, I've read many good things about them, but their name seems to come up from time to time. 'Course they sell a lot of dogs, and since the kennels are in the Czech Republic and the dogs go overseas it would be impossible to keep tabs on them. Still, part of the year the owners live in this country - I wiill be interested to see if they step up to the plate and perhaps take some of these dogs back. (I know, not likely.)

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
That's really said, I hope the end story for the dogs turns out good. I'm not too impressed by their website personally. All of the dogs look like they could use at the very least some more groceries.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Okay, how many times do you get to be convicted or violate your probation before the law gets a clue? Convicted in 2006, on probation for 3 yrs, violated that probation, so put on another 3 yrs. Now animals confiscated. Why? Why? Why are these people allowed to own animals. Duh, they obviously cant properly care for them.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
how sad for these dogs:( but again, glad they are out of there.

I see on their website, they had a couple litters in Nov I hope the puppies got out of there to.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
This is strictly my opinion. Take it as such and don't rip me a new one please...

Back before Christmas of last year, I researched for a breeder to get a German Shepherd for my wife and kids to be alerted when I was working night hours. During my research, I found a breeder close by where we lived that made if convienent for us to visit and purchase.

During that time, I learned that my pup's sir would be from a Eurosport line and this excited me since I've wanted a Czech line even if it was half.

I personally visited the breeder on several occasions. Though the house wasn't in the best of shape, I coughed it up to my own inexperience with how breeding should be done. She used plastic kid pools in various places of the house as whelping boxes. Her house was a mess but she told me that she just moved all her stuff into the house from an RV she had with her ex-husband. Again, didn't phase me.

Now, I did take a tour around the ranch and met all the adult dogs. The dogs were individually kenneled in an area large enough for them to run on their own. Yes, almost all of the adult dogs became outdoor dogs with the exception of 2. 1 was her sister's seizure alert dog and the other was their house dog. A lot of them were seen jumping on the fence as if to say, "get me out of here." I again chalked this up to them being excited to see a new person and were on alert. Looking back now, I see it as a plea to get them out of there. I'll live with that guilt for the rest of my life.

Secondly, Jen was very adamant that her dogs and litters be fed raw diets. This I agree with and she even went so far as to see that she purchases whole cows, horses and pigs to cut up for the individual dogs for meals. Again, nothing out of the norm to me. She also had very good references from the vet she took the pups to for check-ups. I still use this same vet when I am in Colorado with Titon. We have a very good relationship and know that she would have said something had she suspected any of this from Jen.

Thirdly, yes a lot of the dogs looked thin but again I was cluless on what a healthy dog (GSD) should look like. I just thought they were shedding their summer coats. Looking back, I would have been more than happy to give all of those dogs a nice steak to please their appetites had I known they were being starved to death.

In conclusion, I am VERY happy with Titon and we have had many months, weeks and days of bonding like no other dog has for me. Would I give him up because of these conditions his parents or others lived in? No way in ****. Would I purchase him again knowing what I know now? Yes I would and then some.

Please, don't let her actions affect your view of me as a purchaser and owner of one of their litters. I've done nothing wrong other than give my money to someone doing this. I can only suspect that the conditions became worse from Jan 2010 til now since I have not been there since I picked up Titon.

-E

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Erich, don't beat yourself up about it. Conditions may have been better when you were there. From looking at the website, while some of the dogs didn't appeal to me, she has some nice lines/nice dogs, I like eurosport dogs (my female is out of a eurosport dog),

I looked on her testimonial page, and everyone seems happy with their puppies/saw some nice looking pics of puppies.

It's not 'your' fault, nor is it the dog's. As I said, conditions were probably better when you were there so it should no way reflect on you or the fact you bought a dog from her....All dogs deserve a good home, sounds like Titon has one and is a really nice boy:)

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
BTW, ALL dogs and puppies were removed from the home.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'd also like to add that Draegone is Titon's Sir. Draegone's sir, Titon's grad-sir was a National Champion of 2007 in Czech. Impressive, yes... cover-up for short-falls? maybe.

After they bred him for Titon's litter, he was up for sale since he "didn't see eye to eye with Jen" and became difficult to handle. Then apparently she reveresed course, took him off the for sale and bred him again. I was planning to get another one of Draegone's litter pups but since I moved to Utah, I cannot handle another pup at this time.

When I am ready, I will take my education that I've learned and go to a reputable breeder from this site. (2 come to mind).

Looking back now, I remember having a conversation with Jen about what I wanted to do with Titon and asked if any of her dogs were in Schutzhund training seeing that Draegone is the son of Champion in Schutzhund. She replied that she had no patience for trials, crowds, etc. Now I wonder if this is due in fact to her prior history and part of her probation was to avoid trials, animals and such? Don't know...

-E

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yes, Erich it is no fault of yours at all. Titon is lucky to have you, like I said before, it's great that you got him away from there.

Thanks! Means a lot to me. Titon is my absolute best buddy. After I read this article very early this morning, I couldn't help but open his crate and allow him to snuggle with me on the bed. He laid his head across my chest under my chin and let out a big sigh. I truly believe he knew...

-E

1 - 20 of 53 Posts