German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I recently put down a deposit for a puppy from this breeder: Semper Fi K-9 in Kaufman Tx (Can't post links)

Everything looked good up until now, where I can't find the father of the litter on the ofa database.. He's on the pedigree database, the mother is on both, just not the father. Can anyone help?

The father's name is: Larus vom Finnewald

The mother's name is: Semper Fi's Rose of Texas

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
The pedigree database shows the sire as having the German 'a' stamp for both hips and elbows. The only way to confirm this is to talk to someone with access to the SV database (I don't have that anymore). Since he is probably 'a' stamped, his information would not be in the OFA database.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, so I recently put down a deposit for a puppy from this breeder: Semper Fi K-9 in Kaufman Tx (Can't post links)

Everything looked good up until now, where I can't find the father of the litter on the ofa database.. He's on the pedigree database, the mother is on both, just not the father. Can anyone help?

The father's name is: Larus vom Finnewald

The mother's name is: Semper Fi's Rose of Texas
Yes, she sent me pdfs of his sv and pictures of her holding it in her hands. Everything checks out! Only to her thing is is thst she's not microchipping, we're gonna have to do that, idk if that's normal or not. And I'm also picking out which puppy I want when we actually pick the puppy up, so around 8 weeks of age. Any red flags here? I asked her if we could visit the pups, she said anywhere after 5 weeks would be fine.

·
Super Moderator
32,716 Posts
Only to her thing is is thst she's not microchipping, we're gonna have to do that, idk if that's normal or not.

Some breeders microchip before sending puppies home, some don't. Halo and Cava were already chipped, and their breeders sent the paperwork to register the chip with them, Dena and Keefer were not. We had our vet chip them when they went in for their initial visits, which most contracts require you do within a couple of days after you bring your puppy home.

Will the breeder be giving new owners guidance on which pup/s would be most suitable for them? There will be a variety of temperaments in a litter, so I hope it's not just first come, first served, or first on the list gets first pick, since not everyone has the same requirements in a puppy.

Reactions: lhczth
1 - 4 of 4 Posts