German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're fostering-to-adopt this adorable guy, Clooney, and I'm interested to hear your thoughts on what he might be mixed with. He quite a big guy with a massive head. I don't know what he weighs, but he's a good amount bigger than our 65 lb Husky. My daughter is about 5'4" for reference. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,871 Posts
He looks like there may be some sort of mastiff in his background somewhere.The wrinkles on his head,his back end is tipped up,his front pasterns are pretty straight.Just my first impression:)He's a handsome guy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He looks like there may be some sort of mastiff in his background somewhere.The wrinkles on his head,his back end is tipped up,his front pasterns are pretty straight.Just my first impression/forum/images/smilies/smile.gifHe's a handsome guy!
Yeah my thoughts were mastiff or dane. We had the boys on a walk tonight and a couple commented how beautiful they were and asked if he was a GSD. I think his look confused them. 😉

·
Registered
225 Posts
He looks like there may be some sort of mastiff in his background somewhere.The wrinkles on his head,his back end is tipped up,his front pasterns are pretty straight.Just my first impression:)He's a handsome guy!
I thought the same thing. He is a pretty boy I love the wrinkles.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my thoughts are generations of pet-bred GSD .
Bred for size .
No other considerations or using a breed - standard.

ALSO size increase is a by product of early spaying/neutering.

I don't see a mix .

looks like a nice happy dog .
Really? Interesting! Even with that giant head and non-pointy snout?

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
He very much reminds me of the Royalair dogs. And multiple byb rescues that went through my house. A dna test would give you an answer but he looks like a gsd to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He very much reminds me of the Royalair dogs. And multiple byb rescues that went through my house. A dna test would give you an answer but he looks like a gsd to me.
I looked them up and I see what you mean. Their dogs are huge and many have that wrinkly forehead. IMO he's cute as he can be and I love his unique look. If we do end up adopting him, I'd love to do a DNA test to know for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He looks like there may be some sort of mastiff in his background somewhere.The wrinkles on his head,his back end is tipped up,his front pasterns are pretty straight.Just my first impression/forum/images/smilies/smile.gifHe's a handsome guy!
I thought the same thing. He is a pretty boy I love the wrinkles.
Thanks! I do too. 🙂

1 - 9 of 9 Posts