German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Kali looks awesome!

Given the importance of the mind influencing the body, I would not belittle her/feel sorry for her due to the prognosis, but treat her as normal as possible.
I'd stay away from carbs though and feed her high quality meat protein/ fresh meats, incl. codliver oil and raw eggs.

You can try chin. herbs for cancer/ tumors, like Max formula. I know of someone where it helped (and it reduced the growth in my girl), but I also know of someone where it didn't help (but the dog was on a crappy diet and had other issues too).
My previous vet has prescribed Transfer Factor to numerous patients for several weeks and I have never seen any result in the dogs whatsover. And it's very $$$.

What a beautiful girl, I'm so very sorry.

Yep, Budwig's cottage cheese and flax is important -- flaxseed oil with high lignans, or fresh ground flax. There are some miracle stories out there about it. It's the lignans that are the big cancer fighters too.

The herbal mix is Flor Essence, another name for Essiac Tea.

No Carbs. There's a sticky at the top of the board, there's a cancer section, and a lot of info in the posts of TMARIA and Jake.

There is a person that you can do a phone consult that has been very successful in a couple of canine cancer cases that I know.

A really useful place on the web is canine cancer
if you have not found them yet. Lots of support and good info on alternatives, vets etc. It was a great help for me when I was going through this with Ozy.
I hope you both are feeling ok. Cancer is, unfortunately, something we all seem to be dealing with too much lately.

Chris, I'm very sorry to hear this. She's beautiful and I hope she decides to give cancer the furry finger and hang around a little longer. Try to stay positive around her- you don't want her getting stressed realizing that you're worried. A lady who survived stage 4 breast cancer told me that throughout the fight she always stayed positive, joked, laughed, and generally tried to have a blast regardless of the cancer. Too bad dogs can't seem to appreciate a good knock-knock joke, but every little bit counts and keeping away any stress may help. I wish you, Kali, Tim, and your pack the best.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.