German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
I have an almost three year old German Shepherd and I was hoping I could get some fun insight on her bloodlines! No matter the amount of googling, I still can't figure out what the heck I am looking at in terms of names and what the codes mean. Mavis is a family companion and the light of my life regardless, so I am mostly just curious so I can get to know her and her genetics better.

I am unable to attach links on my first post, apparently, so hopefully just pasting the links below works! The mom's name is Maui Joy Jimenez and my dog's sire is Moreno's Bravo.

Thanks in advance!

pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/dog.html?id=2354811-morenos-bravo

pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/dog.html?id=2908846-maui-joy-jimenez

20E9FE76-000D-4A7D-8D83-39715550CC0C_1_201_a.jpeg

·
Registered
849 Posts
I don't know enough to comment on individual dogs, but both sire and dam are a mixed bag. Mostly Czech, with some WGWL, some WGSL, what looks to be American pet lines (none titled so I can't say ASL or not, but they resolve, eventually to West German), also a little DDR in there as well.

It is easier to see if you look at each parent's pedigree individually. The 'litter from' links only show the first 4 generations. You have to go back farther than that to see origins.

Hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
I see you have some Blackthorn dogs. I would ask Christine. She is very well versed in pedigrees.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I see you have some Blackthorn dogs. I would ask Christine. She is very well versed in pedigrees.
I was creating a mating outcome for the OP to help others who want to help with his dog's pedigree. I know about mine :) Christine and I talk daily

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for everybody’s help so far! It’s always appreciated to get a little more info since it’s so overwhelming!

·
Banned
43 Posts
Hey everybody,
I have an almost three year old German Shepherd and I was hoping I could get some fun insight on her bloodlines! No matter the amount of googling, I still can't figure out what the heck I am looking at in terms of names and what the codes mean. Mavis is a family companion and the light of my life regardless, so I am mostly just curious so I can get to know her and her genetics better.

I am unable to attach links on my first post, apparently, so hopefully just pasting the links below works! The mom's name is Maui Joy Jimenez and my dog's sire is Moreno's Bravo.

Thanks in advance!

pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/dog.html?id=2354811-morenos-bravo

pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/dog.html?id=2908846-maui-joy-jimenez

View attachment 558347
Your dog is framed around the 3rd bloodline going back to klodo v Boxberg - typically sport dogs

3.rd line: very versatile dogs, high endurance and drive, our most popular line, smaller dogs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts