German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently adopted this 1.5 year old male named Bravo. He had failed his schutzhund training and was put up for adoption. He lacked the "concentration" to be good at his job. He is a HANDFUL, but boy do we love him.
He is extremely aggressive to anyone who comes onto our lot, and will attack them if allowed to. However, he is very dog friendly, and has no issue at the dog park, petco, friends house or anywhere else we take him. We have hired a personal trainer who is coming to the home to help us. He is extremely loyal to us and we just wanna keep everyone safe.
Any input will be well received.
Bravo saying hi to our koi

[/URL]

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
very nice, i hope the trainer provides good help, he is gorgeous!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
very handsome, and holey moley that koi fish is HUGE!! LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I posted this video on another thread, but thought it would be fun to post it as I discuss our life with Bravo. We have always had dogs, but never a german shepherd. Especially one trained in schtuzhund.
We have been trying to get him to just be a "regular old" family dog. We are not interested in schtzhund training. He's been a tremendous addition to our family !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes !!! That Karashigoi koi is 33 inches and eats more than bravo. Bravo loves koi food and eating nose to nose with that koi. Yes, we are training bravo to NOT eat koi food. Its still a hoot to watch and that koi has no fear of bravo and bravo no interest in eating her.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When Bravo sits on my legs like that what does that mean to you? Affection, domination, other?
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Affection!

Hi, I did not see your earlier posts. So, a belated welcome! As another poster already said, so glad you gave Bravo a second chance for the good life!

Seems like he is a great dog in the making! He is definitely handsome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts