German Shepherds Forum banner

341 - 360 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Re: RIP Bravo

Dear Kerry,

I am so deeply sorry to hear of Bravo's passing. Both you and Bravo are a tribute and inspiration to rescue and I feel privileged to have known him through this board.

So many hugs to you.
Bravo will always be remembered. Sleep well sweet boy.

·
Registered
305 Posts

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Bravo. His courage and spirit will never be forgotten and although he may have once been a second hand shepherd I am sure he will always have a number one place in your heart.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts

Kerry, big HUGS to you at this difficult time. Bravo knew how deeply cherished and loved he was. You gave him such joy, such comfort, friendship. He was as lucky to have you, as you to have him. Thank you for sharing Bravo. Run free, dear Bravo, we love you forever.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts

Please know you and Bravo are both in my heart and thoughts at this sad time.

When you take in an older dog and give him/her a second chance, they appreciate it so much. They know the difference between their former life and their new life, and are so grateful as a result.

As someone else who recently lost a wonderful gold guy who came to me by way of this board, I probably know exactly how you feel. They certainly tear away a very large chunk of your heart when they leave us, don't they?

Thanks for giving him the best time of his life.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts

Oh Kerry, I am so deeply sorry for your loss. We all came to know and love Bravo and he will be missed.

You gave him a wonderful life and he gave you such joy. Now he is running with the wind.

Godspeed Bravo

·
Registered
3,475 Posts

Somehow the ones who have had the hardest lives are the ones that are the most difficult to lose......... he made it to 15 though, and found the closest thing to heaven with you.....

Thank you for loving him - he will always be with you, in a special corner of your heart. RIP Bravo, our Blue will be there at the Bridge to welcome you...

Anja GSD
Conor GSD - adopted from this Board
Blue GSD - waiting at the Bridge

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
RIP Bravo

Thanks so much to all on this board who shared their love with Bravo. I have some pictures I took the day before I had to let him go and when I can stand to crop them, I will see if one of you will post for me. There are some with him holding his plush stuffed police car and I had that placed with him in death. A police dog needs his police car close by even when he has crossed over the bridge.

I promise to write more when I can stand to but I can't just yet.

Thanks again for your kindness. It really helps my aching heart.
Kerry

·
Registered
14,509 Posts

I had hoped this was a bad dream I had last night

Kerry

Bravo - I'm so glad you found Kerry for your final home, you two were a match well made

·
Registered
1,083 Posts

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of sorrow. Words cannot express ...............

·
Registered
4,459 Posts

Kerry, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

You and Bravo were an amazing pair and this story is what rescue is all about. Bravo's story is one of the two rescue stories (Chewbacca is the other) that have marked an era for me. It is hard to believe that Bravo is gone. I hope that the thought that Bravo has lived a long, full and happy life (thanks to you and also his past job) gives you some comfort.

Having lost my own boy to cancer recently and having a foster battling cancer brings this very close to home, I know how you feel.
Life will never be the same after losing my heart-dog.

Run free Bravo - I am sure you'll find someone at the Bridge who will talk to you while hand feeding kangoroo to you. You were so good at stealing the hearts of ladies and training them to entertain you. Please watch over you mom Kerry.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts

I 'try' not to make judgements regarding the other side to this story, about a narcotics cop that neglected his canine partner so badly he caused permanent scarring, and then dumped him. This is just the way the world has always been and possibly always will be, filled with people with ice cubes running through their blood.

Fortunately, Kerry is one of those people who provide healthy balance in the world. She stepped in and stepped up, acknowledging that Bravo was NOT a tool of the trade to be pitched in the trash when it outlived its usefulness for the job. Instead, she went out of her way on a daily basis, respecting and honoring and tending to a community soldier who spent his entire life working hard to keep us safe.

I'm imagining myself in a funeral procession with lots of pomp and circumstance, bag pipes and all. Kerry steps out of the limousine, comforted by a crowded graveyard site, reinforcing Bravo's loss to the world. The casket is surrounded by flowers...and balls. And laid out on top of the casket are the six scented towels Kerry creatively used to enable his obsession to keep us all safe. Kerry sobs along with the rest, as the preacher recalls the remarkable work of Bravo, and how he and Kerry found each other later in life, which made every day count even more in their incredible love for each other.

After the service, I make my way through the crowd to express my condolences to Kerry, as well as my gratitude for rescuing an old throwaway dog and loving him like a king. I also mention my admiration for her as a fellow volunteer change agent, and thank her for sharing Bravo's story with all of us.

Before leaving, I turn to the casket and raise my right hand over my right eye and give the proper salute to sir Bravo. As I turn and walk away, I notice the rainbow off in the distance.

Have a wonderful new life in the afterlife, Bravo.

Two of my favorite photos of Bravo, which I've been staring at since the sad news came in:

His head was amazing. Very distinctive looking gentleman.

And the happy puppy that still lived within.

·
Premium Member
1,068 Posts

Beautiful, Donna. So well said.

·
Registered
737 Posts

Kerry

I remember his story well. He certainly will greet you at the bridge. I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. You gave a "throw away "dog a second chance. He did not deserve the life he had after serving so well. I love the picture of him and the hose. You were his whole life in the end, and you did what was best for your noble friend

Light 'em up in the sky Bravo

·
Registered
907 Posts

Next time you see a "Rainbow", Smile, You will see all of our 4-legged friends waiting for us at the Bridge.....

·
Registered
1,583 Posts

My thoughts and prayers are with you for the loss of Bravo. He will be waiting for you I am sure, and I'm sure he had the happiest years of his life with you. RIP Brave Bravo.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

Kerry... I'm so very sorry... I remember Bravo's story... it was one of the first posts I read on this board. It was wonderful that he lived until 15... all because of your love and care! Thank you for stepping up and helping him... you loved him and he gave you his heart. It doesn't matter how old they are because as they age... you love them even more.

Please take care of yourself.

Tanja

341 - 360 of 368 Posts