German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all - I bought this off Amazon thinking I'd use it for recall but fact is my dog is normally on leash, within her fence, or indoors so I haven't had the opportunity to use it or train for it.

It's brand new, I have taken it out of the box before, but never trained.

The model was the one that was very highly recommended by other members and 4.5/5 stars with 162 reviews on Amazon.

Paid $218, listing it here for $190 shipped.

Thanks

Here's the description:

The 1900NCP Field Star is Dogtra's most popular e-collar and is truly the star of our product line. Designed for pet, K-9 officer, and sport dog training where high output stimulation is required, the Field Master has you covered with low to high power range for the most aggressive bird dog. This system is fully waterproof and covers a full half-mile range so you can train and hunt in harsh elements. An illuminated LCD screen allows you to see correct setting levels and the receiver is rechargeable with nick, continuous, and pager vibration modes. Nick is a momentary burst of pre-measured stimulation; constant gives electrical stimulation for as long as you hold the button down, up to eight seconds; and page causes the collar to vibrate for non-electrical stimulation. All collars come with rechargeable/replaceable batteries, a charger, test light, and owner's manual and there are 127 rheostatic levels of correction. What's in the Box?

• Transmitter
  • Receiver (two collar receivers for dogtra two-dog models)
  • Battery charger and splitter cable
  • Test light
  • Owner's manual
  • Carrying case
Features:

• Precise stimulation levels (0-127)
  • 1/2-mile range
  • Nick, constant, and non-stimulating vibration modes
  • Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries
  • Fully waterproof collar/receiver and transmitter
  • LCD screen displays exact level of stimulation even in dark or low light conditions
  • Three-bar battery life indicator

Product Description

The 1900NCP Field Star is Dogtra's most popular e-collar and is truly the star of the product line. Designed for pet, K-9, and sport dog training where high output stimulation is required.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Updated the price to $170 and I will cover shipping also. That's 22% off what I paid new and never even used it =)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Curious why you purchased it and now training with it? I am looking into getting a Dogtra but was also told to look into an Einstein.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SOLD!

CHawkins - I didn't have time to train with it and sold it to another member, but from all the reviews I did (including on Amazon and this forum) it came very highly recommend. I didn't see anything on Einstein during my research but do a google search and I'm sure you'll have all the info you need.

GL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts