German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mana's 5 Cents for Advice Marcato "Wesson" did me proud today in Erie, PA. She went winner's bitch and best of winners for her first point under Kenneth "Chip" Rayner Jr!

Wesson is bred by and co owned with Catherine Morton, trained, conditioned, and handled by myself :)

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Please pardon the color in this photo

At the hotel

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

To the mods, feel free to remove that last pic. I know it's oversized. I resized but it apparently didn't save. Here's the resized version:

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
Nice!! Congratulations on the win. Points! Ya!

And I LOVE dog show hotel photos. :)

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Girly did it again today :) Winner's bitch for another point under Barbara Dempsey Alderman :D Two down, thirteen to go :)

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
How many dogs does it take to get a point these days....just curious. I think Boardwalk show will be very soon in Wildwood, will you be showing?

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
How many dogs does it take to get a point these days....just curious.
Across the board (all breeds) it takes 2 dogs, or 2 bitches, to make 1 point.

After that it just depends on where you live. To get a 3 point major in GSDs in Pennsylvania, you need to have 12 bitches. Where I live (Okla) it takes 14 bitches for a major.

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
Girly did it again today :) Winner's bitch for another point under Barbara Dempsey Alderman :D Two down, thirteen to go :)
Woo Hoo!! It begins. I love it. Congratulations!!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
So how many dogs for say a 3pt major? Things have changed a lot over the years...Thx for the info and congrats to OP for the wins.

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
In PA, it takes 9 dogs for a 3 pt major, 13 for a 4 pt major, and 20 for a 5 pt major. It generally takes more bitches to make a major.

For fun, I looked up the points and awards for my Carly's sire. He got a 4 point major back in 2004, in Biloxi at the Coliseum. There were 26 dogs.

Latest point schedule from AKC:
http://www.akc.org/events/conformation/point_schedule.cfm
Just find your region...

·
Super Moderator
5,736 Posts
Oh, and points are determined by the number of dogs/bitches that actually competed, in your region, during the previous year.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm just real happy with this girl. She's come back together so nicely <3

Hoping for her first litter in fall 2014.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts