German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to have a litter of them and am getting pretty excited and anxious to see what they will be like. I was wondering if anyone on here owned Boy offspring and what they were like. Of course I have tried to find out all I could PRIOR to breeding (and was thrilled with what I saw in person!), but I'd still like to hear others' personal experiences with them.

Just sittin' here waiting for puppies and passing some time..........:help:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will probably keep at least one, maybe 2, back to see how they are. I always keep a pup or 2 so I can get a real grasp on temperament for future breeding decisions. I am hoping to get a male for my personal dog though. I am getting a new job that will allow me to raise him like I raised my Caleb, and have high hopes for this pup as my sidekick and future stud. I may keep a female as well. It all depends.

What is it about Boy that has you so head over heels? :wub:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I will probably keep at least one, maybe 2, back to see how they are. I always keep a pup or 2 so I can get a real grasp on temperament for future breeding decisions. I am hoping to get a male for my personal dog though. I am getting a new job that will allow me to raise him like I raised my Caleb, and have high hopes for this pup as my sidekick and future stud. I may keep a female as well. It all depends.

What is it about Boy that has you so head over heels? :wub:
I have been watching Bill and Jen for a very long time, and I have to say I really, really trust the dogs they stand behind and produce. Jen got super lucky with Boy, he's one of those "he's got it all" type dogs for me, out of my preferred lines.

Physically, he's got it all. Big, intimidating masculine head. Gorgeous colour and pigment. Excellent working conformation with that extra something that gives the Show dog judges something to sink their teeth into. Size is excellent for a male. Dark eyes, dark mask, great ear set. Love him!!

I love watching him work. Big, intense, powerful. Great drives, great attitude, biddable. Temperament is fantastic, Jen does so much with him!

Love him! An ideal male for me. :D

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, he's a good-looking dog. He is similar in type to my Caleb, though more correct in size/structure than Caleb was. He was more coarse, larger, and his head was more exaggerated. I am hoping to get pups w/Capri's typical phenomenal temperament and also have really impressive looks w/show potential; I want a KKL1, V rated stud to keep for myself.

Any feedback on temperament? I thought someone had told me there were some Boy pup owners on this forum.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Liesje's Pan is out of boy. I believe she does a little of everything with him. He has beautiful pigment as well. I almost put a deposit on the Boy x Mia litter when the breeding was first announced, but my Achilles had to have hip surgery, so it wasn't an ideal time. Boy is one of my favorites as well.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Boy has a very out going, stable, social temperament. He thinks nothing of bouncing off people he just met and is all for them petting him if he hasn't knocked them over. He's also nuts for his ball and wants you to throw it for him.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Elaine, not BOY's temperament...obviously, I've met him or I wouldn't have bred my bitch to him. My question was about temperament of his offspring, hence my title.

Maybe I'm on the wrong board. :confused: I thought there were a bunch of owners w/firsthand experience on here. No big deal.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Elaine, not BOY's temperament...obviously, I've met him or I wouldn't have bred my bitch to him. My question was about temperament of his offspring, hence my title.

Maybe I'm on the wrong board. :confused: I thought there were a bunch of owners w/firsthand experience on here. No big deal.
Lies is a dedicated member here, she's got Pan. I'm sure she will chime in soon. Pan is very accomplished for his age, she does a lot of different stuff with him. I've fairly certain he has the same phenomenal temperament and social stability as his daddy, but I'll let her discuss her own dog. I love Pan, too, anyway. :D

Pan's pedigree/photo, for now:
SG Pantalaimon vom Geistwasser - German Shepherd Dog

(Hope Lies doesn't mind me posting about her handsome boy. :p)

Also, get in touch will Jen and Bill and ask about Boy's other offspring and who owns them so you can inquire? Many as listed on the database, too. She also just had a Boy x Mia litter you can watch.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I have done as much as you can do w/out knowing the other owners personally. I just swore I read a bunch on him in the past couple years and thought that he had more offspring on here. It's entirely possible he does and they just aren't regular posters. It's really not a big deal- I was just sitting up late and wondering how many half siblings these pups would have on the various forums and how their temperaments would compare/contrast. :)

Capri pups aren't typically very different regardless of stud. I am hoping that he will calm them just a hair and I will get a couple that aren't quite SO intense, so I was thinking maybe I could get some reassurance that there's a good possibility of that happening. :D This is most likely her last breeding and I am so anxious!

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I think there are a couple, but Lies is the only one that post regularily. I know I've seen a picture or two someone posted from one of Pan's littermates.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Couldn't they have given the poor dog a real name-and sorry but that probably wasn't the response you wanted either-but you are going to go around saying I bred to Boy??? uh what Boy

·
Registered
952 Posts
Couldn't they have given the poor dog a real name-and sorry but that probably wasn't the response you wanted either-but you are going to go around saying I bred to Boy??? uh what Boy
Wow, really?? I like Boy's name. And trust me, in the working line world, people KNOW who Boy is. He's an outstanding stud and needs no explanation, name or otherwise.

·
Registered
952 Posts
What a great comment. Because the NAME should be the most important factor when looking for a stud to breed to. What good are all his accomplishments if you don't like his name?? ****, Bill should just put him down! Poor dog indeed!

I wouldn't care if his name were Barney Fife, it doesn't change a thing about the kind of dog he is. What an ignorant comment to say they don't care enough to give him a name you approve of.

Not stupid name, but stupid comment since the thread is about what he produces.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts