German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebel is currently at the Wood County Dog Shelter in Bowling Green, OH. He is currently on "doggy death row" and unless a rescue is found for him, he will not make it out of the shelter.

Rebel was found as a stray and nobody has come looking for him. When he was brought in he had severe infections in both ears which are being treated. The volunteer who met him when he first came in said he was a nice dog, wanted to be petted, and wanted to lay on the rug in the main room instead of going back to the kennel area. Since then, he has growled at another volunteer and at the kennel worker. However, the kennel worker has a habit of getting in the dogs' faces regardless of their demeanor, health problems, etc. He means well, but just doesn't seem to understand dogs body language sometimes.

Since the growling episodes, Rebel has been put in quarantine, which is their name for death row. He has not bitten anyone. The volunteer who was out there today said he took a pig ear from her nicely and licked her afterward! She said she thinks he is a nice dog that deserves a chance. The warden agrees and is willing to release Rebel to rescue as long as the rescue signs a waiver. One of the dogs who was recently on death row at this shelter in now in therapy dog training, so their assessments are often not the best!

If you know of a rescue who would be interested in Rebel, please contact the shelter at 419-354-9242 and speak to the warden, Andrew Snyder.

Rebel is black and tan and said to be about 4 or 5 yrs old, but I think he's probably more like 6 or 7 based on his graying muzzle. Since he is "rescue only" he does not have an active Petfinder link.

Bowling Green, OH is about 20 miles south of Toledo and the shelter is right off of I-75.

REBEL

Wood County Dog Shelter
1912 East Gypsy Lane Rd.
Bowling Green, OH 43402
419-354-9242 - ask for the warden, Andrew Snyder
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A rescue was found and Rebel is safe!! And he is soooooo not aggressive :happyboogie:

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
whew - my heart just cracked when I looked at his face.....he looks like such a sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck in your new life sweetie

Lee

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
That is wonderful.So glad he's out of the shelter. Thanks Raysmom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts