German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,345 Posts
I talked to the shelter both about Grizzley and Jimmy (the one that was euthanized a couple of weeks ago). I posted the information in Jimmy in the "follow-up" section in his thread.

I was very impressed by the shelter. They are working with Grizzley and even brought in a trainer for him. He is making progress and they were able to put a collar on him. They are careful not to push him too much. At this time it would be very hard to transport him so they are working on getting him used to the leash and walking. He does not seem to be in immediate danger but he will need an experienced home or rescue soon.

· Registered
4,345 Posts
I talked to them some time ago, and he does not really walk on the leash yet. They were considering knocking him out for transport or crating him all the way through (not letting him out). It does not sound that they can get him into a car yet. They probably want to make sure that whoever gets him is capable of handling him at the destination. They were trying to work with him to get him used to the leash before moving him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.