German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is amazing for humans externally and internally. I never figured it would be as good for dogs, don't know why, but today I read up on it and found positive testimonies all around. Any one on the board ever supplement with colostrum? If so, how did it work?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have used it on my previous GSD for immune boosting. Can't say for sure but I think it helped him. It was such a long time ago.
I haven't used it since (not needed) but a friend told me that calves suffer when it is collected from their mothers. I tried to google and got conflicting answers about this. The sites selling it said they are not suffering as the mothers have plenty.

Lisa is right, not good for auto-immune diseases. Moducare works better for auto-immune as it is immune modulent vs. boosting but that is best discussed with a (holistic) vet.

Years ago I have taken Colostrum 2 months before allergy season started and I had an easy time of it. I repeated it the next year, again for 2 months, and it kept me allergy free for almost 2-3 years after. I haven't used it again since I am unsure about the calves but it sure helped me.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Lisa, try look into Moducare for your allergies:
http://www.moducare.com/prodconsumer.asp?process=GetCondition&artID=47&LangID=2

I am going to start now (although a little late). I will also start using the neti pot which is supposed to help a great deal. Querceting also helped me. I am just not good looking after myself as I have either dogs or human emergencies non-stop *sigh
and if I eat food that I am sensitive too, it triggers all kind of things. Do you have food sensitivities as well? Last year my mom also sent us a cream which is an allergy blocker (it's from Switzerland) and this worked so great. It is just hard to get here. If I think of the name I will let you know.
Good luck!

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
Fee, thanks for the heads up. I used to take Moducare, I'll have to try it.

I use the NOW brand of bioflavanoids (along with my other vitamins) for my allergies (it does contain quercitin!), and they have helped a ton. Mostly my allergies just make me tired to the core (I know the moducare helps with the fatigue), but when I start with the occassional sneezing I use the Hylands homeopathic remedy for Hayfever, and it works within about 10 minutes.
I had lots of years of allergy shots and when I was younger antihistamines. My body rejects them all now.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Lisa, I also had reactions to the shots and meds. The colostrum really helped getting to the source of the problem while other supplements have helped me well (but I have to keep taking them)

This is the pollen blocker cream :
http://www.drwhitaker.com/Products2.aspx?ProductID=PAV5

It really worked well on me and my husband. They used in in Europe for many years. It is also a lot cheaper over there!
Take care!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, we started to give Blake some and he got sick. Yeast infection in his ears and throat infection. Don't know if it's linked or not but I don't want to take the chance so we stopped it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts