German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know I may be trying to hard. But we have 2 orphan gsd at 2 weeks old. We were told to feed them goats milk. But just switched to Milk replacment. Made by 21st Century. And I have no clue or I may just be worried about making sure the mix is right.

One part of tge directions say "1 part powder 2 part water" then it says "2 tbsp per 4 oz of puppy body weight" and it has a spoon in it to help measurement s.

Last I was told. The pups were about 1.35 or .45 lbs. So doing the math. 16oz is 1lb. And after adding the math that comes out to say the pups need 7oz of liquid.

Is that per feeding? They are fed when they wake up and cry. 4+ times a day. But the math dont really add up with the first part of directions. In mixed drink figuring.. you would split the glass or bottle up into what ever parts. So if I put 2oz of powder in a bottle. That would mean 4 oz of water. Right? Or if I just added 1 oz of powder, then I would add 2 oz of water. Right? But parts and tbsp are not matching up.

We got them at 2 weeks of age. Were told they were on goats milk. But now that I got them Milk Replacement. I dont want it too runney. And I dont want too much powder. In fear of constipation.

PLEASE HELP DIRECT ME FOR THEM

Tonight I read there is a evaporated milk or cows milk with egg home recipe I could have done. Arrrrggggg! We just want them to be at there best. They have a warm water bottle with them. A ticking clock under a blanket. And after eating we let them walk around the carpet as I rub there tummey with a warm washcloth and anes. Sometimes they poop and pee and other times they just go in there crate. Oh and we even burp them.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last pic. There are text directions as on the bottle online. But I cant get it through my phone. Ill copy and past it in the morning. Please help us do it right? Im that anel when ot comes to our chid and pets. 1367916050846.jpg

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Maybe a good, knowledgeable resource for you would be the vet who gave the pups to the person who gave them to you? Is there any way you can contact this vet and get some help?
Sheilah

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe a good, knowledgeable resource for you would be the vet who gave the pups to the person who gave them to you? Is there any way you can contact this vet and get some help?
Sheilah
I tried that at petsmarts Bennafull-of-bs. Between the lady at the front desk. To a "vet" that never came out of his back room when she went to ask him also. I guess ill just call more vet offices. I figures becauae of the forum name. Id find others that have bottle fed pups. Thanks though. :banghead:

·
Registered
482 Posts
When I have bottle fed kittens I fed them as much as they would eat in a 5 minute period every 2-3 hours. Also remember they do not get a sensation to pee or poop so you have to rub them to stimulate bowl movements and urination. Good luck I hope a vet somewhere will help you. If not consider reaching out to some rescues they all have experience with this and should be able to assist you as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts