German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. Bored, so I decided to post. If you could teach your GSD one thing they could do PERFECTLY, what would it be? ?

Also, what fun games do you play with your GSD? Looking forward to some crazy answers!

·
Super Moderator
6,722 Posts
Perfectly with 1000% reliability? Recall!! Pretty boring I know, but he has a big time thing for deer.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Agree...perfect Recall, for Safety!
And because then, he could probably go offleash on trails/in woods...

Weirdest most inappropriate game we play:
We go upstairs (fully carpeted, so no slipping) and we run zoomies all around the furniture and down the hallway. When I hide behind the bedroom doors and jump out at him, he loves it. Hmmm, and I always told the kids not to scream and run in the house!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree...perfect Recall, for Safety!
And because then, he could probably go offleash on trails/in woods...

Weirdest most inappropriate game we play:
We go upstairs (fully carpeted, so no slipping) and we run zoomies all around the furniture and down the hallway. When I hide behind the bedroom doors and jump out at him, he loves it. Hmmm, and I always told the kids not to scream and run in the house!
I do the same thing with hazel:laugh2: I throw her ball up and down the stairs, and by the time we are done, she is dog tired!(pun intended)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Learn to close the fly screen behind him.
He knows how to open it but he never closes it :) and with summer approaching and this being Aus, the flies are abundant!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Katsu HAD a perfect recall up until she turned 1 year. It's still 80/20 though. Her prey drive has gone up significantly too. I guess I would like to have that perfect recall again, lol.

Crazy games? Hmm, I don't think much of what I do is crazy. I wrestle with her and the Shiba. I also like to "instigate" them into playing with each other. 90% of the time it works. I roll the Shiba over on his back and mess with his feet/legs and tummy to get him excited, it gets Katsu to tag in and start trying to play with him (tag team him, I guess). I move away and the Shiba gets up and they start playing. Sometimes I gang up with him on her too, just to keep the game fair. I feel like sometimes she'll try to "tag" me in by sitting in my lap while playing with him, but I usually just shove her off, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts